• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted to create a very complex 2-d adventure with the beautiful look of "Baphomets Fluch" (that's German, no idea how it is called in English...) but a way more clever and non-linear story... if anyone wants to help with programming and stuff, I would sit down and start writing :snares:

If you want to make that kind of game, Adventure Game Studio should be your first port of call: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

It's designed so that artists and writers can produce LucasArts-standard point and click adventures without a ton of programming knowledge. Tons of great games have been made using it.

world of starcraft

I lol'd.

I always wanted to create a very complex 2-d adventure with the beautiful look of "Baphomets Fluch" (that's German, no idea how it is called in English...) but a way more clever and non-linear story... if anyone wants to help with programming and stuff, I would sit down and start writing :snares:

If you want to make that kind of game, Adventure Game Studio should be your first port of call: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

It's designed so that artists and writers can produce LucasArts-standard point and click adventures without a ton of programming knowledge. Tons of great games have been made using it.

Why on earth haven't you made one yet? Quit your job and get to it.

all good ideads guys but im thinking more watmm themed ARG like banned members come back as a ghost or aphex twin dies and haunts watmm being a ghost or something like that?

this doesn't make sense and would add even more to the confusion because a bunch of banned members / Warp / Rephlex / Planet Mu people are posting here already

world of starcraft

I lol'd.

Nothing would make me happier. I'd need to find an artist to work with. And I'd also need to find a way to pay the rent and eat.

give me money and i'll do so. thanks for the link, i'll check it out.

yeah, it's a form of viral marketing, disguised as a code cracking, website hopping game.

i am intererested in making a ARG (alternative reality game) do u guys have any ideas/tips for my ARG?

I'm impressed he spelled alternative reality correctly... in fact, with the exception of the internet "u", everything is correct (punctuation notwithstanding).

Who hacked Sup's account?

Guess again.

Yes!

A vision of a gaarg game: It's exactly like World of warcraft, except every player is a ms-paint sprite, the world is only quasi 3d, and you don't really level up. There are Freudian shapes everywhere in a Hieronymus Bosch style violence atmosphere. Your weapons are parts of your body you never before thought of using, your goal to not go insane. Final boss of tutorial would be Salad fingers, background music (mostly) by Coil, while for sound effects the server would demand for every player to record his own on a tight set of rules.

As you would progress in the game it would influence you to start changing reality itself and soon, most of the crappy teenagers would become the gaargarian army, waiting for a leader to make a new world. Not a new better world, but a new world, full of wrong.

That's my morning vision of a possible gaarg game.