IGNORED

MOVEMBER 2011!!!

Guest Enter a new display name

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

167268_1764970359459_1095124960_32091913_3623401_n.jpg

I did it last year and kept my curly 'tache 'til Christmas so I could ruin family photos.

I would do it again, I've got a great idea for a series of daily videos, but my girlfriend really didn't like it... and to be fair, the first 3 1/2 weeks are the most slow and itchy.

Ci4fl.jpg

i was hoping enter would join up with us too.

I am doing Movember by following every goddamn rule! I shaved my mustache off on November 1st! I am simply part of my school's team already.

i didn't start on the first so i buzzed my mustache all the way down with no clippers on it and shaved my beard with a bic. i was probably lower than i would have been ofter 4 days.

edit: i certainly do not feel like i am cheating. i am trying to raise money for a disease that took a cousin away from me anyway. i don't really give a shit if i didn't bic my face at midnight of halloween or whatever the fuck i was technically supposed to do. i will do that next year thought when i start on the first, not the third.

what if i grow my beard the whole month till the last day and do a bit of a shave and keep the moustache, take a picture,voila

is that not cool?

from the official Movember site FAQ:

I already have a Moustache - how can I participate?

If you already have a moustache you can do a ‘reverse Movember’ and have people donate to you to shave it off. Alternatively, you could shave off your moustache on Movember 1st and then re-grow your Mo throughout the month….

Are goatees or beards allowed?

The definition of a Mo:

1. There is to be no joining of the Mo to side burns – That’s a beard.

2. There is to be no joining of the handlebars – That’s a goatee.

3. A small complimentary growth under the bottom lip is allowed (aka a tickler).

Do I have to start clean-shaven?

Yes, Movember is for one month only! Head starts are not allowed and go against the spirit of Movember.

edit: i certainly do not feel like i am cheating. i am trying to raise money for a disease that took a cousin away from me anyway. i don't really give a shit if i didn't bic my face at midnight of halloween or whatever the fuck i was technically supposed to do. i will do that next year thought when i start on the first, not the third.

This. The 'rules' are stupid. it's retarded to call it "not in the spirit of movember" when the purpose of movember is to raise awareness/money for prostate cancer research. anybody who gives people shit for having a head start or something stupid is being a complete cockhole. i also feel that most people don't completely understand the purpose of movember.

This. The 'rules' are stupid. it's retarded to call it "not in the spirit of movember" when the purpose of movember is to raise awareness/money for prostate cancer research. anybody who gives people shit for having a head start or something stupid is being a complete cockhole. i also feel that most people don't completely understand the purpose of movember.

rude

the purpose of Movember is to raise awareness/money for prostate and testicular cancer research. it is called Movember because we are to grow moustaches for the month of November - most people find it difficult to grow a 'stache for the month because of work, finding work, girlfriends or being unable to grow facial hair. it is a show of sacrifice for a great cause. that's why if you already have the facial hair, you are to sacrifice your facial hair. it is to show that you care and are supporting the cause in a big way.

yek: shave your beard off now. start fresh. grow the 'stache. return to your bearded style in december. no biggie!

essines: stop bitching. if you don't want to grow the 'stache or follow the rules or whatever then don't. you can still donate money and raise awareness by telling your friends, family, etc.

I just don't understand why it is looked down upon if you didn't bother to shave your stubble but still want to participate. It really doesn't bug me and i think i probably used inflammatory language to excess in my last post, but i think anyone who wants to participate, in any form, should be praised rather than having to tip toe around asking if certain things are ok. I really made it sound like a personal vendetta but it isn't! i fully support movember and it should be all about having a good month and helping a great cause!

sorry for being such a dick. i do that a lot :flower:

as team captain of watmm i say you can start wherever you like. id rather have a team member with some facial hair raising money then no one. next year we can run a tighter ship and get this rolling before november. this is my rookie year and rest assured i will be much more buttoned up next year. like i said, i started on the 3rd day with about 3 days growth. the people who have donated to me could care less. i am not soliciting strangers. only family and friends.

the way i see it right now, the more people we have on the watmm team, the more money we can raise.

next year will be more official. i will even create an official we are the mustache makers logo (or whatever our team name is) and possibly shirts or some type of merch.

i will have no arguing on the squad as well. we are a tight unit. essines, join the team and raise some cash.

next year folks, next year will be tight.

Archived