IGNORED

most relaxing song ever created, says "scientists"

data

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god scientists aren't the ones making art, they should stop this audience polling nonsense. What do they have in store next?

most beautiful painting ever created, says scientists:

cb5.jpg

the most relaxing thing ive ever heard was a cassette tape my sister had when i was 5 or 6. it was a customized sleep songs for infants thing, the songs were different depending on the names. i wish i could still find it. i hope that guy isn't dead/depressed.

Kind of sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuJ82CnEGI

not sure if I'd call that relaxing, though

@3:10

I already heard that sequence probably in a vibert track. Can someone id it ?

Definitely a ridiculous claim, though the song by Marconi Union is a lovely one.

To make such a claim they'd have to listen to every piece of ambient music ever written, or will be written. There might be some guy/girl sitting in their bedroom (ok, guy) who's made the most relaxing music known to man, but it's never been heard by outside ears.

The track isn't horrible but they are way off with the labelling. For those of you who know where it's at, meaning fellow slumbr fans, there's new stuff coming out soon, calmer, dreamier and more hypnotic than anything presently known to man.

Yeah, the song isn't terrible, but then again I could probably make roughly the same track by holding down a chord and using a preset on the Kawai K5000 I had once upon a time.

what a graet scheme to generate sales

imo they should have gone the opposite direction though, "the most energizing song ever created" now that would open a can of worms.

The track isn't horrible but they are way off with the labelling. For those of you who know where it's at, meaning fellow slumbr fans, there's new stuff coming out soon, calmer, dreamier and more hypnotic than anything presently known to man.

I look forward to it.

the most relaxing thing ive ever heard was a cassette tape my sister had when i was 5 or 6. it was a customized sleep songs for infants thing, the songs were different depending on the names. i wish i could still find it. i hope that guy isn't dead/depressed.

Kind of sounds like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRuJ82CnEGI

not sure if I'd call that relaxing, though

@3:10

I already heard that sequence probably in a vibert track. Can someone id it ?

I think it's in "homewerk"

Good marketing.

good marketing for initial sales, bad marketing for long term results. Rule #24 of marketing is don't over promise and under deliver on your first outing, try that later once you've already dug your claws in

Well I believe them, they're scientists after all.

haha, i think we've reached a point in history where anyone with enough money can put up an 'expert' to spout whatever position they want them to. its pretty awesome

good marketing for initial sales, bad marketing for long term results. Rule #24 of marketing is don't over promise and under deliver on your first outing, try that later once you've already dug your claws in

Well I believe them, they're scientists after all.

haha, i think we've reached a point in history where anyone with enough money can put up an 'expert' to spout whatever position they want them to. its pretty awesome

this is in contrast to older days when expert opinions were under close scrutiny

Archived