Problem with my interface.. Can anyone help?

Guest Hermann

Guest Hermann

I have a problem with the interface I´m using, that it only records on one side, the left side. When I listen to it afterwards it´s only on the left speaker.

I´ve had this problem for a while and have tried fiddling with everything on the interface (it´s not because it´s on mono, i´ve tried both mono and stereo, both with the same problem).

The problem is not with the microphone either, because i´ve tried plugging a guitar straight into it and ... same problem.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

I´m wondering if I should just take the interface to be looked at, that the problem might just be with the interface.

Hermann

Dry joint on the input socket probably..... Has it always done it ?

Try recording and waggling the jack in the socket (ooh-er), if it crackles in the right channel then it's probably a dodgy solder joint.

Guest Hermann

oo er indeed

Waggling it around didn´t make any difference, but yeah you´re probably right about that, or something similar like that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ghOsty
      Hey guys, feels awkward posting this here and probably isn't the best place for this but I'm trying to help my friend reach more outlets... I'll give a little background:

A close friend of mine has fallen on some really rough times lately, he was diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago. On top of this his relationship with his fiancé whom he currently lives with has been falling apart. His fiancé is psychotic and unfortunately he was under her medical plan, in one of her manic episodes of rage she cancelled his medical insurance and is trying as hard as she can to drive him out basically leaving him to dieHe doesn't really have family left to fall back on as both of his parents died of cancer as well some years back (It kind of runs in his family.)...

His lease on the current place is expiring soon, and unfortunately with his medical bill and having to cut back on working to attend to his health, he isn't left with much money to afford a new place. We've been trying to get him into emergency crisis housing, but the system is inefficient and takes time. Because of this we're trying to raise a little money to assist him in being able to find a place to live and pay rent for a few months while he can focus more on his health, and figuring his life out.

He's a great guy that's been dealt quite a handful of bad cards, Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here's the GoFundMe link:
      https://www.gofundme.com/xwcpz2ks
    • By Salvatorin
      Okay so I gotta write a short (2000wd) informal research essay. It's due tomorrow and I literally just need to turn something in with 6 sources. But, as always, my problem is I can't do anything without over-thinking it. My own sophistication and pseudo-polymath interest in many subjects makes even attempting low-level writing VERY difficult. This is for a fucking english111x class, mostly freshman, I'm taking it bcuz I realized I have almost a BA in foreign languages completed (w/ minor in music) and all I have to do is bust out these bacc core classes I neglected to take earlier.
      So I think just an introductory overview of the term, origin, characteristics, utility and diversification and some conclusion on its evolution and future should suffice. Can I do that in 2000 words or am I fooling myself?
      I'm a pretty massive Brian Eno acolyte so I thought this would be easy, but it's not that simple.
      I have some great books full of essays that I've already read, (such as Repeating Ourselves: American Minimal Music as Cultural Practice by Robert Frink, which has a whole section devoted to the development of ambient music as being tied to the invention of the LP and automatic changer, thus allowing for individuals to listen ad infinitum.
      I am putting together a rough outline of what I want to touch on, please if you're willing, take a look at this as it develops and offer some points or alternatively, troll the shit out of me.
      I denote what concepts I'm unsure of in the placing with a "?"
      intro:
      —•question or statement regarding 'background music', idk, "What is the music of stillness?" i really don't know how to open...
      ———Cite definition of the word "Ambient" & etymological origin
      ———Cite definitions of the word "Music" & etymological origin
      ——•Tie the two together to see and explore which definitions cooperate and which don't
      ?——–• Maybe cite Brian Eno's personal explanation of Ambient Music (the term he coined) and included in the liner notes of "Music For Airports"...it might be more useful later
      [/b]First Idea: precedents in western music (and non-western music?), minimalist music that developed the concepts used later[/b]
      ——•The traditional form of western art music and it's aims (in a nutshell, a narrative structure with tension and release through linear development (not accurate at all, sorry, but this is for an introductory writing class)
      ——•Satie's "musique d’ameublement" or "Furniture Music" and its purpose
      ————maybe cite directly from Satie?
      ——•I'd Like to mention Ligeti's proto-drone micropolyphonic compositions but from what I've read the academic consensus is that he does not belong to the minimal tradition. Kind of weird if you ask me, considering many of his 1950's works were pretty drone-ish
      ——•La Monte Young, drone, and explorations in classical indian form (compositions 1960, and 'indefinite music')
      ——•"Background music" as a necesarily disambiguated term
      ———eg., ambient, incidental, 'Muzak', etc.
      [/b]second idea: cultural and technological changes that informed development of 'background music'
      ——• the LP & automatic record changer as enabler of 'low-level listening'
      ——• source from Brian Eno's descriptions of what his "Ambient Music" was to be
      ———music for airports
      (i'm running out of steam already)
      .....more stuff??
      [/b]third idea: ambient dichotomies, pop vs. alt, utilitarian/commercial vs. challenging, splintering/subgenres
      —i guess just mention the different strands, starting with the popularity of new age in the late 1980s/1990s, the opposite 'dark, isolationist, etc'
      — steve roach?
      -fuck if I know man, shit
      -lol just in this post I have written 600 words. how to proceed...
    • By Rpeg
      Here's tonight's show at The Social recorded on a Sony ICD-SX1000 with soundman binaural mics. I'm pretty happy with the quality besides a heinous amount of audience chatter.

But, man, what a night. It was as much a physical experience as an aural one, and my eyes were closed nearly the whole time. We felt shaken and assaulted walking out of the venue. It definitely sounded like Exai further explored, extraordinarily rhythmic and consistently dance-able - at least way more than I predicted it would be. Feeling it in my throat is on quite another level.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

The file is 320kbps, 60 min 16 sec

This is my first 'bootleg', and I forgot to switch to .wav so this is the highest quality available.
      Autechre - Orlando 2015-10-10 (Live).mp3
    • By Salvatorin
      I had a chance some weeks ago to sesh with some amazing people. Ron Veliz, a san fransisco session musician who lives here was on guitar. he is a badass but only plays if good enough people are in town and it just so happened that the drummer, josh costello, invited his old friend who is a professional 'piano battler' nick schlueter from st. louis to town... I was on bass, electric guitar and electric upright, both which are in pretty shit shape so my pitch is very liberal.
      anyhow I recorded some sessions with my yeti blue stereo mic and they turned out pretty good!
      I of course mixed and eq'd the recordings liberally to get them the way sound here.
      As I remember, I split each recording into left and right and then eq'd, added a bussed stereo width and compressed.
      check it out.

super fun pop samba:

fusion-y take on naima:

skip to 5:10 for some fucking brilliant group synergy and piano solo

some funky shit, this one was at a party so the sound is not as good:

this last one is a crazy loop from a vamp we hit while riffing on an altered fly me to the moon:

thanks for listening and give me feedback on how you think I did on my mixdowns.

• Guest kymppinetti
      By Guest kymppinetti
      Short noobish question here: do you guys prefer recording via USB audio interface or do you just connect mixer audio out into computer audio in etc. and that way record your, what ever you record? Why do you use the other? Or are you into both ways? If you know what I mean.

In advance, thank you for you replices. If I get any that is. :)