IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

it actually looks like that eye from the New Clear Dawn viral site

hang on a sec....

maybe this is Boards of Canada's ramp up to marketing....maybe they're doing the soundtrack...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JC was fun but it lacked a million things

just saying, if GTAV doesn't add anything significant then I see no reason to buy it. GTAIV was already pretty so-so with its forward movements, especially considering it was "next gen."

in JC you could fly around, skydive, lasso yourself to cars and throw yourself around.

GTA is totally dependent on what you can do when you're not on a mission. that's the most important thing. how fast can you drive, can you converse with people and make them fight each other? can you incite riots and destroy storefronts? can you cause a police war or investigation? without being able to interact with the environment, I'm afraid GTA has run out of things to keep me interested. it has stagnated in simplcity for years now, stuck in the previous generation (like most games). this whole gen has been one long shit stain.

there's only so much crashing cars into each other and shooting cops until you get 5 stars and then fight an endless barrage of tanks you can do. I call for interactions with city people A LA fable blended in with way more indoors areas and RPG elements. GTA needs to get down with Deus Ex

agreed... a vast storyline and great acting definitely wins my vote over grappling onto a car, about 8 main missions and horrible physics :facepalm:

There's a clear difference between GTA and Just Cause 2 though.

Just Cause 2 = Boring.

GTA IV = Not boring.

also there are other clear differences:

Just Cause 2 is spelled like this: J U S T C A U S E 2

GTA IV is spelled like this: G T A I V

There's a clear difference between GTA and Just Cause 2 though.

Just Cause 2 = Boring.

GTA IV = Not boring.

I would say "OK but my whole point was just that Just Cause 2 introduced new elements where Rockstar hasn't" but that's not even true, because Just Cause 2 was probably at least 75% as fun as GTA4.

You could do a bunch of different tricks and skydive off of fucking huge mountains. GTA IV got boring a little bit slower because there was a "story" (which was really just classless, forgettable, nerdy crap that got overhyped because it was in a game, can you honestly remember any character except Nico) and because it had the money behind it to make it play without bugs. The game was washed out, it was all grey and lifeless and without joy. It was like Black Ops... a corporate product devoid of soul.

My point wasn't that Just Cause 2 was a better game, just that other games have been growing and contributing for a while now while Rockstar stagnates and keeps putting out the same crap. Their style has really become like sports games, except more easily hidden because they can slap a different title and "skin pack" over everything to hide the fact that nothing new is really being introduced.

GTA hasn't evolved since 3. They're fun, but so is Madden. I analyze all games almost entirely from the standpoint of "does it offer anything new." If it doesn't, I probably won't be playing it for very long, and I probably won't think back upon it with much fondness. If you name any game I like I promise you I will be able to find something distinct about it. GTA4 had perhaps zero distinct features.

lol, don't expect colourful, happy & joyful graphics on a game like GTA. the story is based on a Serbian getting revenge through crime, drugs etc.

that is not joyful and the graphics compliment that very well.

and if you are honestly comparing "skydiving off fucking huge mountains" then you're looking for the wrong things in the wrong game.

yeah la noire introduced something new and everyone was like mehhh

i fucking loved it because the only games I ever play are myst and riven

But the open world stuff in LA Noire was just the backdrop to a great adventure game reinvented for this generation of consoles.

Archived