IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al Hounos

I am very excited about this game and I don't play games. This makes me want to play games.

Me too. Not much into games, but I've always been a huge GTA fan. Such an immersive mix of story, satire, driving, and shooting, always set to an impeccable soundtrack. GTA IV was a huge step forward in car handling and physics, so I hope this one builds on that and combines it with the huge world of San Andreas.

THAT IS A WORRY

HOLY SHITHSTHIHITHISHTHSIHTI DO WANT

i wish could hibernate like bears so i can wake up and play this

Ever since I was a little kid I wanted one of those realistic Hornby train sets that go through mountains and towns and whatnot. That screenshot just ignited an excited little flame in that section of my cold dead heart that has me so fucking excited for this game.

Holy shit.

20121112092241-rsg_gtav_screenshot_041.jpg

beautiful scenery. parachuting onto moving trains :emotawesomepm9:

it'll be interesting to see how they incorporate the hills and trains in the missions.

ngbbs491a8ebf52846.jpg

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE DAMN TRAIN, CJ

4.jpg

new info:

Underwater world (with underwater caves) and diving equipment confirmed.

Side-missions similar to Taxi, Ambulance and Vigilante will be back but "probably not identical to the ones in previous GTAs" because they wouldn't fit in with the 3 main character personalities, but the "three will have odd jobs to do".

Trevor will be the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver and sniper, Michael the "smooth operator", skilled and versatile.

Franklin is looking for a mentor and he finds one in Mike after they meet during one of Franklin's repo man jobs.

Trevor is inspired by the typical GTA player that only roams around the game creating havoc, death and destruction.

Mission types will vary among "big and small events , explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family,

invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions but updated and improved."

Cover mechanics have been greatly improved and cover will be very important in the gameplay.

About the economy, Dan Houser says: "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of "I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item."

Dynamic music during missions (similar to games like L.A. Noire)

No co-op for single player missions, but co-op modes will be featured in multiplayer.

Big focuss on multiplayer with a lot of content to keep players busy.

I'm actually really glad they've added music. The RDR music was fantastic, I think they'll nail it.

I have a lot of faith in R* it has to be said.

It's so weird that they've added ingame music, but if it turns out as good as the music in Red Dead and Max Payne then count me in.

agreed. Red Dead had an incredible soundtrack imo.

i'm interested to see what songs they choose for a present day game.

Rockstar always had a good taste in music so I don't think I'll be disappointed!

@Obel

Did you ever play Max Payne 3? Looking past some of its flaws it is a magnificent and surprisingly conservative Rockstar Games game. It's kind of a reflief that it is so linear because sometimes it just feels great to sit down and play an old school level based game. The story is very much in the vein of the last couple of Rockstar Games games (games games games) with tragic and brutal storylines that keep you on the edge of your seat.

It's so weird that they've added ingame music, but if it turns out as good as the music in Red Dead and Max Payne then count me in.

agreed. Red Dead had an incredible soundtrack imo.

i'm interested to see what songs they choose for a present day game.

Rockstar always had a good taste in music so I don't think I'll be disappointed!

I bet each character has his own soundtrack for when he goes on missions

and each location too I hope - when you unlock the country section, some awesome music plays in the same style as when mexico is unlocked in RDR :emotawesomepm9:

Also.. L.A. Noire is so under appreciated. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.

You think under appreciated? I think it got heaps of praise all round?

Personally I thought it was massively over appreciated. While it's a lovely looking game and it's great to play a detective game, it was just far too repetitive. For me, anyway.

@Squee: I have MP3 at home but still not chucked it on. Weird because I was excited about playing it before... I think I'll give it a go after I'm done with GTAIV.

I think in terms of soundtrack, Rockstar did best with Bully. That game had a wonderful and fitting soundtrack.

So now, previewers are saying that the world (including indoor locations and underwater) is five times as big as the world in Red Dead Redemption.

Nah they said that in the original gameinformer preview. Nobody is backtracking.

Has there been any information on how the aiming is going to work? I really hope it won't have the lock-on aiming from previous games. And if they're going to keep it, I hope they will make it similiar to Max Payne 3.

Lock on aiming was in previous games? GTA IV and RDR had free aiming didn't it? At least it did for me. If it's an option then always choose free aim.

Also.. L.A. Noire is so under appreciated. Easily one of my favorite games this generation.

You think under appreciated? I think it got heaps of praise all round?

I've heard a lot of people bitch about it. And I think a lot of reviews was in the 80-85 score area. Which isn't a bad score, but it's way better than that.

Lock on aiming was in previous games? GTA IV and RDR had free aiming didn't it? At least it did for me. If it's an option then always choose free aim.

Yeah you're right, you could turn it off. But I don't remember there being any auto-aim if you turned it off, which made the shooting very unsatisfing on consoles.

So now, previewers are saying that the world (including indoor locations and underwater) is five times as big as the world in Red Dead Redemption.

Nah they said that in the original gameinformer preview. Nobody is backtracking.

Not saying that they're backtracking. I'm quite sure the GI preview said it would be as big as GTA IV, RDR and San Andreas combined, and not five times as big as RDR.

edit: LA Noire is a clear 8. Too repetitive to go any higher.

both games had lock on aiming, although it was incredibly annoying and limited in GTA IV. RDR's was a little better I believe, but still, I wouldn't use it. never played MP3 - what's it like in that?

Alright so I'm calling it. Michael is going to die in the plot at some point.

You'd think Trevor because he's the psycho and most typical GTA protagonist, but I think he will redeem himself in some way and as he's friends with Michael, he'll probably be involved in his death in some way, possibly accidentally causing it and having to end up looking after Michael's family.

Also I'd say Michael's wife will bite it too, probably leading into Trevor taking some sort of fatherly role towards the end.

Archived