IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have absolutely no idea what i want from another gta game.

I do. Another big fucking mountain that the police can chase me up on a motorcycle only for me to fly off the highest point with a parachute attached to my back. Basically anything similar to GTA: SA will be fine.

my friends got so pissed because that's all i ever wanted to do in SA.

i'm basically drooling over here. seems like a good time for me to get back into gaming with new star wars, diablo and now this

They've said, in the past, that the jump for the series between numeric iterations are supposed to be dramatic. I.E., GTA II to GTA III was a major leap, GTA San Andreas was just minor expansion, GTAIV was supposed to be a major leap. I don't know if that means V will a major leap too, but I think it'll have to be for me to really enjoy it.

I just read the below and am going to spoiler it because it's an anti-GTAIV rant and has only (potentially) passing relationship to the topic

I thought GTAIV was, like, the best shit since Fenix Funk 5 when it first came out. A technological marvel. A living, breathing, calvacade of pure awesome, pushing the limits of existing hardware to produce an unparalleled sense of immersion. <br></p><p><br></p><p>Then the honeymoon period was over and I realized I could give a fuck about the Nico Bellic as a character, and I frankly wish he would stop screaming "PUSH ME, PUSH ME" every time he pulled his gun out. The humor was often puerile instead of clever, I hated the cell phone, the characters seemed more like overblown stereotypes than actual characters. . . <br></p><p><br></p><p>Don't get me wrong - this would all be fine if the "fun" factor was there, but it just wasn't. I've never seen a game suffer from uncanny valley syndrome (in every aspect) as much as GTAIV did.

i thought gta 4 was a polished gta with no where near the amount of fun shit it should have had.

SA is still the best gta imo. from bicycles to huge varied environments to planes to owning properties to tons of hats and sunglasses and shit, it was just a more complete game.

i felt that the strides that gta 4 made for realistic driving physics and graphics were a little hampered by the lack of cool shit.

i have absolutely no idea what i want from another gta game.
I do. Another big fucking mountain that the police can chase me up on a motorcycle only for me to fly off the highest point with a parachute attached to my back. Basically anything similar to GTA: SA Just Cause 2 will be fine.

Guest AcrossCanyons

i hope gta goes in a more realistic direction personally. saints row has the over the top fun shit down perfect, gta can keep going the other way and i'm happy.

definitely modern day.

http://www.computera...ters-uncovered/

v for vice city or green for grove street?

How about hollywood?

http://www.eurogamer...ching-hollywood

Chad:

29 - pretty boy misogynist Beverly Hills party boy. Made money, but not as cool as he thinks he is.

Looks like Vinewood/Los Santos to me.

Strengthening long-standing rumors for years that the next Grand Theft Auto would be set in Los Angeles or a fictional version thereof, a source familiar with the game toldKotaku today that those rumors are true.GTA V will be set in some version of L.A., bringing the famous franchise to a place that last got the GTA treatment in the series' top-selling Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. (So much for our other dream GTA V cities.)

We're also hearing from multiple sources that the game will feature more than just one playable character. That would seem to be a natural evolution for the series. Following the release of the PlayStation 2's Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Vice City, PSP games set in the same cities as those console games let players control a single new character apiece. Those portable games helped establish the idea that there's more than one life worth living in a Rockstar-made GTA city.

Then, following the release of Grand Theft Auto IV the series' creators at Rockstar Games allowed gamers to play as a second and then a third character in the exact same high-definition version of Liberty City. Those who bought the base game and the two downloadable episodes could choose from the GTA IV's menu whether to play as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz or Luis Lopez. Each had their own lengthy, interesting and distinct playable story. A GTA V that features more than one playable hero would extend this concept further.

Back when GTA IV was being shown to press, Rockstar representatives would stress the importance of the number in the title. As successful as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas were, they noted, it was the game that preceded them, GTA III that was a paradigm shift. They hoped and believed that GTA IV, by being a numbered game would have and merit some outsized influence of its own. If that is still the company's philosophy, then after Grand Theft Auto IV's un-numbered episodes, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, a numbered GTA V should again merit special attention. Shifting cities was not sufficient cause for a new numbered GTA before. A change to the series' formula, however, one that gives players more than one controllable character, would.

Rockstar has had a lot of experience with L.A., working with Team Bondi to create a mid-20th-century version of it for this year's L.A. Noire, presenting a drive-able version in Midnight Cluband, most famously of all, turning it into the amazing Los Santos as one of three featured cities in GTA: San Andreas.

Kotaku

they need to put a lucid dreaming mode in GTA where you can fly like superman, take apart buildings and lift cars with Ermac style with telekinesis. Until then i'm not interested.

also a Lucasarts / Rockstar tie-in should be them using the GTAV engine for a GTA set on tatooine

Archived