IGNORED

Uncommon Remixes thread.

chassis

The thing I like about Vibert reusing his samples over time is that if you follow them you can hear extra bits of the sample. The Jamie Lidell remix has some more Doctor Who sample and more of the intro to Wake Up.

The thing I like about Vibert reusing his samples over time is that if you follow them you can hear extra bits of the sample. The Jamie Lidell remix has some more Doctor Who sample and more of the intro to Wake Up.

Yeah, I can agree on this. Its like a time laps of his samples.

I actually really enjoy the re-use of sample, especially in a different way. I hate to break artists, but my favourite example is The Black Dog and Plaid, Object Orient and Slice of Cheese both have the same sample. Probably one of my favourite samples, if anyone knows what it is please please tell me. Spoiler for point made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Time to push this thread up again, there are still loads of remixes by Vibert done that nobody seems to know about. I just discovered this one from his early Kerrier District period, which is fucking great:

Post more, please!

edit: he remixed Simian Mobile Disco... have I been living under a rock?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure how "uncommon" this is, but it's on a fairly obscure comp from the 90s which I have on CD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrW-qcODiyY

Wow, thanks mate, never even heard of this oneI It's pretty weird for a Wagon Christ track too. I love stumbling upon these everytime I bump this thread. Much more fun to just look it all up on discogs.

Oh, and LOL at the remix title!

Thanks again, great stuff I never heard of before :)

In other news, yesterday I was digging in one of my fave shops: a second hand mostly-blues shop with an attic full of house/techno that the owner really just doesn't care about (he likes jazz). This means there are really rare gems that he just gives away, last month I got 5 twelves for next to nothing, 2 of which were old Rephlex ones, last week a fellow digger found a whole pile of first press Drexciya twelves... mint! + last month I was digging together with Motor City Drum Ensemble) and besides a few great Psychic TV records, some 80's rap and a D'Arcangelo track (+ more), I found this Vibert gem in the bin that people use to put back listened stuff they don't like:

http://www.discogs.com/Asylum-Gemini-Twins/release/32570

Really glad to have found it, it's a nice jam and the only officially released hiphop production work for Vibert (the other being Blu Rum 13, but that one was only released through bandcamp after being in limbo for years). There maybe was another 12" but I don't remember correctly!

The reason I'm so excited by this shop is because it's in a small town that has nothing going on in terms of dance music (well, the bad stuff). The shop bought 600.000 records 10 years ago, and he constantly throws in more of those boxes full of dance/trance/house/the occasional gem.

In other news, yesterday I was digging in one of my fave shops: a second hand mostly-blues shop with an attic full of house/techno that the owner really just doesn't care about (he likes jazz). This means there are really rare gems that he just gives away, last month I got 5 twelves for next to nothing, 2 of which were old Rephlex ones, last week a fellow digger found a whole pile of first press Drexciya twelves... mint! + last month I was digging together with Motor City Drum Ensemble) and besides a few great Psychic TV records, some 80's rap and a D'Arcangelo track (+ more), I found this Vibert gem in the bin that people use to put back listened stuff they don't like:

Really glad to have found it, it's a nice jam and the only officially released hiphop production work for Vibert (the other being Blu Rum 13, but that one was only released through bandcamp after being in limbo for years). There maybe was another 12" but I don't remember correctly!

The reason I'm so excited by this shop is because it's in a small town that has nothing going on in terms of dance music (well, the bad stuff). The shop bought 600.000 records 10 years ago, and he constantly throws in more of those boxes full of dance/trance/house/the occasional gem.

Nice, I ordered that Gemini twin, when it had arrived the album was in 3 pieces... the shop I ordered it from didn't have another copy... I'd forgotten about that- how is it?

Nice, I ordered that Gemini twin, when it had arrived the album was in 3 pieces... the shop I ordered it from didn't have another copy... I'd forgotten about that- how is it?

Wow, unlucky... Well, it's up on YouTube (in horrible quality, but you get the idea) :)

The rest of the 12" is filled with a radio edit, an instrumental + an a capella track, nothing special there, but it's a great track imo.

Wow, unlucky... Well, it's up on YouTube (in horrible quality, but you get the idea) :)

The rest of the 12" is filled with a radio edit, an instrumental + an a capella track, nothing special there, but it's a great track imo.

Just found this one, another Big Dada 12" from the same year, also produced by Luke - http://www.discogs.com/Alpha-Prhyme-Misanthropic/release/20911

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNqkwfWHd3E

• 3 months later...

That rapper is horrible. The first track is nice (the music) the Second is just a recycled beat from Rhythm

somewhere I have a Luke Vibert track that Philie _T used and rapped over it was called "Insects" anyone else remember that?

Archived