Guest theSun

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the real "dark lord"

ever had a "dark lord" ?

only in prison lol

Three-Floyds-Dark-Lord.png

Yeah, this is "the real" Dark Lord. You had to buy a ticket to go to the event to buy the beer this year (dark lord day http://www.darklordday.com/)

There will be a lottery for extremely limited, hand bottled, hand numbered barrel aged variations. Guests will exchange their event tickets for a Golden Ticket with a scratch off section. If their ticket scratches off as a winner, they will have the opportunity to purchase one bottle of one of the four variations in addition to the 4 bottles of Darklord. The available variations will be divided equally between the 3 purchasing times. If you have a winning ticket you will be able to choose the variation you prefer. Some versions may sell out before others during each time slot. The variations are:

Darklord aged in Pappy Van Winkle 23 year barrels

Darklord aged in brandy barrels

Darklord aged in brandy barrels with vanilla beans

Darklord de Muerte, DL aged in bourbon barrels with ancho and guajillo peppers

These hand bottled, hand numbered, hand waxed bottles will sell for $50.00.

It kinda blows my mind how big craft beers are getting. Founders' Canadian Breakfast Stout was selling for $80-150 for a 750ml bottle on eBay..... It leads to people just playing the market and buying all they can only to resell the majority of it :sad:

I'm currently sipping on the Boulevard Smokestack Series Harvest Dance Wheat. It's basically a Barleywine made with wheat. It tastes and smells a lot like a Belgian triple. I might pick up another bottle.

cb33a3b45fcea95ec4844da27b3bc77c_640x640.jpg

Founders oatmeal breakfast stout. Damn good.

REAAAAAALLY want to try this one. Sneaks is supposed to me me a sixer in exchange for some homebrew.

I took the plunge and picked up a bomber of Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged B.O.R.I.S. Oatmeal Imperial Stout for $15. WOW, it's freaking awesome. Oakand dark fruit on the nose. up front you get cherry, plum and dark fruit taste followed by dark chocolate/coffee and finished out with a slight alcohol burn and lingering coffee/dark chocolate and oak. This is almost worth $15. I might pick up another just to let it age.

IMG_20111126_220413.jpg

Guest uptown devil

Founders oatmeal breakfast stout. Damn good.

REAAAAAALLY want to try this one. Sneaks is supposed to me me a sixer in exchange for some homebrew.

I took the plunge and picked up a bomber of Hoppin' Frog Barrel Aged B.O.R.I.S. Oatmeal Imperial Stout for $15. WOW, it's freaking awesome. Oakand dark fruit on the nose. up front you get cherry, plum and dark fruit taste followed by dark chocolate/coffee and finished out with a slight alcohol burn and lingering coffee/dark chocolate and oak. This is almost worth $15. I might pick up another just to let it age.

IMG_20111126_220413.jpg

i had this on friday night, god damn was it good!

also had this:

dogfish-head-burton-baton.jpg?w=470

love this one. i think it actually tops the 90 minute for me. oak-aged ipa's are where it's at.

Guest uptown devil

24NBz.jpg

pretty good.. a bit strong of a coffee finish for how i like my oatmeal stouts, but over all it's a tasty beer. i'd probably go with their chocolate stout or hazelnut brown nectar the next time i'm shopping for rogue though.

• 2 weeks later...

24NBz.jpg

pretty good.. a bit strong of a coffee finish for how i like my oatmeal stouts, but over all it's a tasty beer. i'd probably go with their chocolate stout or hazelnut brown nectar the next time i'm shopping for rogue though.

oooh that looks lovely

• 5 months later...

You jinxed it, chassis. But it ain't summer til the Solstice.

Will be cracking this open tonight:

BTL_U17.jpg

edited for reasonably sized picture

http://en.wikipedia....eer_in_Scotland

http://en.wikipedia....Beer_in_Ireland

And that is it as far as i'm concerned for the sake of good beers

So you dismiss the entirety of Belgian beers?!

:facepalm:

edit: Also German beers?! This is a delicious Weizenbock from the oldest brewery in the world. It was named Worlds Best Beer in last years World Beer Awards http://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/2012/03/26/weihenstephan-vitus-named-worlds-best-beer/

DSCN2433.JPG

Archived