IGNORED

Autumn beers

Guest theSun

it's basically a very stupid thing to say.

stop limiting yourself and explore the glory to be found in belgian, german, austrian, czech and american craft beers.

and england for real ales!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a cheap corporate 'craft' beer, this one is actually quite nice -- gives you that 'ham sammich' taste:

sam-adams-cinder-bock.jpg

ps: What's with all the huuuge heads in these latest few pictures? That's just a bit overboard!

gives you that 'ham sammich' taste:

there's a beer i've had in a local bar here, german i think, that tastes really strongly of smoked sausage. it was amazing but i could only drink 1 of them. can't remember the name.

I've had a few smoked beers, this German one was by far the smokiest though. Like you, I can only drink one of these, but they go amazing with grilled foods.

aecht-rauchbier.jpg

I've had a few smoked beers, this German one was by far the smokiest though. Like you, I can only drink one of these, but they go amazing with grilled foods.

aecht-rauchbier.jpg

that might have been it! the label looks familiar anyway... but i'd been drinking a lot of 8-12% beers that day so who knows.

http://en.wikipedia....eer_in_Scotland

http://en.wikipedia....Beer_in_Ireland

And that is it as far as i'm concerned for the sake of good beers

As far as I am concerned, for the sake of good beers, you are a beer numpty.

Seriously.

edit: and I'd listen to the fucking beer wolf

http://en.wikipedia....eer_in_Scotland

http://en.wikipedia....Beer_in_Ireland

And that is it as far as i'm concerned for the sake of good beers

As far as I am concerned, for the sake of good beers, you are a beer numpty.

Seriously.

edit: and I'd listen to the fucking beer wolf

As far as Im concerned he's just a numpty

My roommate and I brewed an amber ale a couple weeks ago. Going to put them in bottles in a week, and then it's another two weeks til we can drink them.

This was our first time using an electric stove, and we're a little worried about the outcome. The product going into the primary fermentor wasn't quite as sweet as we've previously had.

Gas is definitely better.

My roommate and I brewed an amber ale a couple weeks ago. Going to put them in bottles in a week, and then it's another two weeks til we can drink them.

This was our first time using an electric stove, and we're a little worried about the outcome. The product going into the primary fermentor wasn't quite as sweet as we've previously had.

Gas is definitely better.

I use my electric stove-top for all my brews. It takes a bit longer to get up to boiling, but I've had no issues yet (hoping to move to a "true" AG system w/ a mash-tun and portable gas burner soon, right now I do AG brew-in-a-bag) I bottled an English IPA over the weekend and thought it was a bit too sweet. We should probably keep this talk to my homebrew thread though :wink:

aecht-rauchbier.jpg

The smoked beer!

A local brewery around here called Three Floyds has a fantastic one called Ham on Rye. I tasted it and suddenly understood, in a flash of beer brilliance.

Archived