IGNORED

the internet must not be ‘stifled by government control or censorship’

chassis

Hague rejected the idea of any government policing of the web, saying: “Nothing would be more fatal or self-defeating than the heavy hand of State control on the internet’.

Hague said that an international agreement about behaviour in cyberspace should be pursued ‘with the same intensity as efforts to eradicate global poverty or tackle climate change’.

Am I missing something, or aren't these contradictory statements?

Guest viscosity
Hague rejected the idea of any government policing of the web, saying: “Nothing would be more fatal or self-defeating than the heavy hand of State control on the internet’.

Hague said that an international agreement about behaviour in cyberspace should be pursued ‘with the same intensity as efforts to eradicate global poverty or tackle climate change’.

i took the latter as sarcasm

That fucking mick is probably drunk.

Its a paddy.

Jesus, fucking fat american, cant even do racism right. :emotawesomepm9:

Could be, its not clear. For me "regulation" and "agreement" dont mean the same thing. But in politics they probably do.

Archived