IGNORED

Dave Monolith - Welcome

Redruth

This has got me nostalgic. Here's a video of some of the stuff that was on the Welcome Tape:

[youtubehd]WFLiOSIHDfY[/youtubehd]

Here's some of the BBC tie-in show from 1983:

[youtubehd]UM3tM4RIxFo[/youtubehd]

they were still using these BBC Micro computers and showing the TV series in the primary school i went to, right up til about 1990. maybe even after that.

i did not like his ep on rephlex but i have to say i'm very curious about this! i hope it'll be great!

Yup.

And the artwork has grown on me too. Probably something to do the link between the old BBC micro computers, which is pretty cool.

Happy days.

Bleep says:

Monolith aka David Paul Barnard lives in the Wiltshire countryside and is one of the newest jewels in the Rephlex illustrious crown. Supposedly the most downloaded artist on Rephlex, this new addition seems to be making some serious waves. A disjointed pop sensibility to the electronic landscape that he now inhabits alongside fellow label-mates and the notbale influences of electronic royalty from years gone-by: Aphex Twin, Bruce Haack, David Vorhaus, Delia Derbyshire, Dopplereffekt, Drexciya, Enya, Jean Michel Jarre, Luke Vibert, The other people place, The Tuss, Warp 9.

pre-ordered on Boomkat. says: Ships in 8 days. :fingers crossed:

damn, I'm bloody excited about this album! His EP was perfect, and most of his soundcloud tracks are amazing.

..Farewell Frenchman has the lushest intro evar!

well, i'm going to trust boomkat on this, so i ordered the cd. i'd rather put my money into vinyl or a digital download but this is the only choice we're given.

Edited by Mcdergbit

This will never be released they're just making fun of you, wake up.

if it's not arrived in the next few weeks just ask Bleep to refund. i know i won't be paying to contribute to any Rephlex xmas party that i'm not attending myself, especially without even receiving a fucking Monolith CD first! at least.

happy to contribute after that, tho :) lol

i wonder why almost all the new stuff is only on CD (...)

Maybe because vinyl is pretty expensive to press these days ? Maybe the peeps at Rephlex don't have money enough to press ALL their release on Vinyl. But if putting CDs instead of vinyl allow them to release more things it isn't a bad thing to me !

This will never be released they're just making fun of you, wake up.

if it's not arrived in the next few weeks just ask Bleep to refund. i know i won't be paying to contribute to any Rephlex xmas party that i'm not attending myself, especially without even receiving a fucking Monolith CD first! at least.

happy to contribute after that, tho :) lol

You disliked the tuss. But NOW you like monolith? OkKKkKk