IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - Mental Union

Redruth

I bought the CD1 release as mp3 back then. Now I feel bad as I could have had 2 CDs instead

me too but it was 3 years ago & the Mental Union mp3/wav costed like 2 euros or something, so i'll be happy buying that 2 cd set !!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whats with those roman numbers on the cd?

Yeah, and the R?

My guess is it's something to do with the key or mode the tracks are in, however I know jack shit about music theory, circle of fifs & whatnot.

whats with those roman numbers on the cd?

Yeah, and the R?

My guess is it's something to do with the key or mode the tracks are in, however I know jack shit about music theory, circle of fifs & whatnot.

there is no R key in music

World music from space.

Exactly. I love it. Maybe the tracks are too repetitive, and he doesn't put enough variations to the sounds. But if you listen to the 2nd CD as rhythmic/meditative music, then it's perfect. And you should hear it live : i saw him last year, and he mixes all of those tracks, and it's very progressive and mind-blowing.

You can clearly hear that he refined is formula since Astrobotnia, in order to achieve the purest sound and the most efficient compositions, by learning music theory, the use of analog gear, mixing/mastering, ect... I am really eager to hear what's next :)

Guest bitroast

ahhhhhhh.

this second cd is hitting all the right spots. i've been craving some nice repetitive meditative ambient dance music quite like this^-^

ahhhhhhh.

this second cd is hitting all the right spots. i've been craving some nice repetitive meditative ambient dance music quite like this^-^

Word, loving the 2nd cd - dark, moody, spacey aleksi is where it's at!

Archived