IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to see they made an effort with the artwork, even the typeface they used is rubbish. Preview smells distinctly like vintage Tom. Looking forward to hearing the tracks in full!

one new track, the juno previews have mixed up names

juno Backyard = iyff acid e1

juno Maelstrom = Untitled11

juno iyff acid e1 = Ontrackv2

juno Cyg X1 = new!

juno Ontrackv2 = Maelstrom

sounds pusher a lot. afx is imo involved in at least track 1

these tracks are certainly old, maybe from a period the two guys have been making music together

(imo)

arial = so idm

verdana = even more idm

Items shipped to you:

Ordered Title Price (GBP) Dispatched Subtotal

1 STEINVORD, Steinvord, 12" £5.99 1 £5.99

Is it verdana? Damn! I knew I was gonna screw that up.

I liked that Maelstorm track the best,

The last track ontrackv2 is just "my fucking sound" dicked about with, and some extra semi messy beat editing on top. I think I even heard the Vocals from the start of "Plastow Flexout" reversed over the top of it at one point as well...

/edit, hard to tell, just listening on iPad speaker. Around 0:42 on the preview. actually sounds like its played forward, time stretched with ring mod..

Cyg x-1 samples heavily from Red Hot Car

Yeah, looks tangible now:

CS441468-01A-BIG.jpg

wow, no expense spared. No stone left unturned in the pursuit of design perfection.

sounds pusher a lot. afx is imo involved in at least track 1

these tracks are certainly old, maybe from a period the two guys have been making music together

(imo)

wild speculation is wild and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if Pusher is involved in some way, not whether he made them or not, I'd doubt that. But something that samples his material so heavily in places, released on his buddies label. I'm sure he knows about it at least. can't really hear the Aphex involvement, nothing here really sounds like his stuff. In terms of sound design, does sound very pusher, but I think that can be put down to the source material used. In terms of production quality, hard to tell from the previews, but doesn't really delivery the level of quality you'd expect from either artist. In terms of composition, doesn't sound like either of them particularly.

Still, looking forward to giving it a proper listen. Maybe it's a bit of a grower.

Got my ship notice from boomkat too! Though being in the U.S. I'm sure I'll get it later than most of you

Same here, we probably have to wait at least a week and a half...maybe two weeks. Thats how long my boomkat shipments take.

no shipment notice from boomkat for me. I ordered a bunch of records in december and mistakenly said to ship them all together when steinvord ships because it was supposedly going to be released in a few days. I've asked them a few times since to split up my order. nothing, no records still, two months later. obviously not going to order from them again. how's people's experiences with rough trade been?

Guest ruiagnelo

Definitely a torrentable release. Also great move by rephlex: it brings cash and fans won't be bitching about lack of new aphex for a while

my face is dry as a bone

You may have heard all the conspiracy theories as to who Steinvord actually is, a well-known producer in disguise, an equally as well-known collaborative duo, or a fresh new talent that's obviously good enough to make us second guess. Well, secret identity aside, these tracks have been bubbling along in the underground for some time now and finally get a release via the powers that be at Rephlex. For all fans of Aphex Twin and other forms of mutant experimental music, wriggling acid worms and malformed drum and bass."

^^^ from bleep

Archived