IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Bleep have fucked me over a few times with regards to items that have mysteriously gone missing in the post (likely never sent out in the first place).

really? but did they reimburse you or you paid registered like you did with norman records?

its definitely a risk, espeically with very limited pressings and you just want 1 copy, paranoia? or i just don't trust resellers?

imo there is no money to be lost in vinyl, in fact theres profit espeically now. can you just imagine how much has been made

off Demdike Stares release? multipy the total set of £55 from boomkat by 1,000 copies and pressed at the same time period - as

the final 2 parts came within 3 weeks of each other. a lot of dough!

There is no option to have registered delivery with Bleep, they always send by standard post unless the item is a special thing and the item states otherwise (Warp20 box set was sent by special delivery).

As for my troubles with Bleep, on the occasions where items have never been received due to them fucking something up, I've had to wait 2 weeks from order date each time before I can get onto them about it. They usually end up sending another copy out, but that leaves you a bit fucked if it's a limited pressing of something.

Simply put - I don't trust Bleep for ordering important limited pressings of anything. They've messed up my orders too many times.

it's very obvious after listening to all these clips it isn't squarpeusher or Aphex, because if it was it would sound like squarepusher or aphex. The squarepusher song sounds not as catchy as any of the Go Plastic songs he's made before, very good recreation though just missing any of the originality. Sounds too cloney

Strange. Bleep is always my first option.

Piccadily records is good (in manchester), in fact they are awesome as they always have ltd copies of vinyl when all the big boys have sold out. Many times they have rescued me.

on the other hand if something appeared on the 12" (which it hasnt) this genius and original i would gladly eat my own shoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-7RlOIIfY

that's what real squarepusher sounds like, in case any of the people convinced Steinvord is him forgot

it's very obvious after listening to all these clips it isn't squarpeusher or Aphex, because if it was it would sound like squarepusher or aphex. The squarepusher song sounds not as catchy as any of the Go Plastic songs he's made before, very good recreation though just missing any of the originality. Sounds too cloney

Not bothering with the clips, waiting for the wax. Then I will see what all the fuss is about.

Not bothering with the clips, waiting for the wax. Then I will see what all the fuss is about.

Same here. Just bought my copy from bleep. The only reason I never unsubscribed from the bleep newsletter is for shit like this.

on the other hand if something appeared on the 12" (which it hasnt) this genius and original i would gladly eat my own shoe

that's what real squarepusher sounds like, in case any of the people convinced Steinvord is him forgot

shobaleader doesnt sound like squarepusher, how is it not possible they can make something that sounds a bit different

shobaleader doesnt sound like squarepusher, how is it not possible they can make something that sounds a bit different

like i said if this is squarepusher ill eat my shoe, this is how strongly i believe in it. Anyone who is as big of a fan of Go Plastic as i am probably won't think Steinvord is squarepusher, all the detais seem in the 'right' place, but thats just the problem it's too expected for what might be a go Plastic outtake, the song has no unique character of its own

the only other time i can remember someone homaging squarepusher this nicely is in the 3:30 - 4:00 section of AFX mangle 11 from the Rephlexions compilation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pauHspEM3ls&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLD4A7A17500FC0EA8

Aphex's song sounds unique compared to squarepusher besides that short section which sounds overtly like a nod to him, and notice how it doesnt sound as good as any of those similar sections on go plastic (not the whole song but that 30 seconds)

like i said if this is squarepusher ill eat my shoe, this is how strongly i believe in it. Anyone who is as big of a fan of Go Plastic as i am probably won't think Steinvord is squarepusher, all the detais seem in the 'right' place, but thats just the problem it's too expected for what might be a go Plastic outtake, the song has no unique character of its own

Yeah, I can't really see Tom wanting to release something that reverts (sort of) to the GP era sound without advancing it or even really matching that level of quality. Unless it's a pisstake remix sort of thing released under an alias because it doesn't live up to the SP name... wait.

But then why would... Shobaleader... be released under... Square--

:head asplodes:

TOM YOU TRY TO CONFUSE

FUCKING GUY

MOTHERFUCK GUY

I liked that Maelstorm track the best,

The last track ontrackv2 is just "my fucking sound" dicked about with, and some extra semi messy beat editing on top. I think I even heard the Vocals from the start of "Plastow Flexout" reversed over the top of it at one point as well...

/edit, hard to tell, just listening on iPad speaker. Around 0:42 on the preview. actually sounds like its played forward, time stretched with ring mod..

Cyg x-1 samples heavily from Red Hot Car

Yeah, looks tangible now:

CS441468-01A-BIG.jpg

wow, no expense spared. No stone left unturned in the pursuit of design perfection.

sounds pusher a lot. afx is imo involved in at least track 1

these tracks are certainly old, maybe from a period the two guys have been making music together

(imo)

wild speculation is wild and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if Pusher is involved in some way, not whether he made them or not, I'd doubt that. But something that samples his material so heavily in places, released on his buddies label. I'm sure he knows about it at least. can't really hear the Aphex involvement, nothing here really sounds like his stuff. In terms of sound design, does sound very pusher, but I think that can be put down to the source material used. In terms of production quality, hard to tell from the previews, but doesn't really delivery the level of quality you'd expect from either artist. In terms of composition, doesn't sound like either of them particularly.

Still, looking forward to giving it a proper listen. Maybe it's a bit of a grower.

You must be kidding right? Those breaks aren't sampled from any of the tracks you mention. The sound processing sounds different, and not even that: I've tried to sample myself some breaks and the breaks are always drowned in bass/some sort of top-end noise which makes them un-sampleable. Sure you could always get a hit here and there which isn't layered with any other sound on top, but the breaks on Steinvord tracks are the whole thing. Trust me, i've been listening to jungle since day one and I know all those breaks from A to Z, which i've used myself. The Steinvord breaks are the actual breaks processed by whoever you want to believe Steinvord is. Those are the entire drumloops that he's using. If you were to sample any break from another record, there is always remaining tones of sound that will make it sound like crap.

As far tracks goes, that "untitled 11" track (which im glad it's there) sounds nothing like Squarepusher or AFX to me, sounds like something else. It's just the whole conspiracy thing that makes anything by Steinvord sound like them even when the style is different in some of the tracks.

As far as artwork goes, im used to techno labels spending 0.1% of budget on vinyl artwork, specifically Rephlex has always been like this too. You must be new.

I will make an actual post on the record when I get a copy.

Guest trananhhung

As if everything released by Squarepusher sound like that one track. Think Hello Everything or Numbers Lucent.

wild speculation is wild and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if Pusher is involved in some way, not whether he made them or not, I'd doubt that. But something that samples his material so heavily in places, released on his buddies label. I'm sure he knows about it at least. can't really hear the Aphex involvement, nothing here really sounds like his stuff. In terms of sound design, does sound very pusher, but I think that can be put down to the source material used. In terms of production quality, hard to tell from the previews, but doesn't really delivery the level of quality you'd expect from either artist. In terms of composition, doesn't sound like either of them particularly.

Still, looking forward to giving it a proper listen. Maybe it's a bit of a grower.

You must be kidding right? Those breaks aren't sampled from any of the tracks you mention. The sound processing sounds different, and not even that: I've tried to sample myself some breaks and the breaks are always drowned in bass/some sort of top-end noise which makes them un-sampleable. Sure you could always get a hit here and there which isn't layered with any other sound on top, but the breaks on Steinvord tracks are the whole thing. Trust me, i've been listening to jungle since day one and I know all those breaks from A to Z, which i've used myself. The Steinvord breaks are the actual breaks processed by whoever you want to believe Steinvord is. Those are the entire drumloops that he's using. If you were to sample any break from another record, there is always remaining tones of sound that will make it sound like crap.

I think you're missing TechDiffs point - that it sounds like Steinvord had access to Squarepushers multitrack files.

As far tracks goes, that "untitled 11" track (which im glad it's there) sounds nothing like Squarepusher or AFX to me, sounds like something else. It's just the whole conspiracy thing that makes anything by Steinvord sound like them even when the style is different in some of the tracks.

As far as artwork goes, im used to techno labels spending 0.1% of budget on vinyl artwork, specifically Rephlex has always been like this too. You must be new.

I will make an actual post on the record when I get a copy.

Cool ok man, don't need to get all upset.

I do not have your doctorate in Breakology from Jungle University. But I'll still maintain, to my ears, much of that last track in particular sounds like it's cut straight from one of several tracks from Go Plastic. Not because of what breaks are being used but how they have been processed. The compression and EQing especially on the breaks in Go Plastic is so characteristic, it stands out a mile imo. Not to mention the fact I've listened to that album so many times, little fills and tweaks in Steinvord just sound immediately familiar. Too familiar to be just coincidence.

It's cool though, doesn't reduce my enjoyment of it at all. Just saying is all...

Oh and sorry, I don't mean to be cheeky or provocative, just that the whole "listening to jungle since day one etc" thing made me chuckle a bit.. no offence.

Archived