IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked that Maelstorm track the best,

The last track ontrackv2 is just "my fucking sound" dicked about with, and some extra semi messy beat editing on top. I think I even heard the Vocals from the start of "Plastow Flexout" reversed over the top of it at one point as well...

/edit, hard to tell, just listening on iPad speaker. Around 0:42 on the preview. actually sounds like its played forward, time stretched with ring mod..

Cyg x-1 samples heavily from Red Hot Car

Yeah, looks tangible now:

CS441468-01A-BIG.jpg

wow, no expense spared. No stone left unturned in the pursuit of design perfection.

sounds pusher a lot. afx is imo involved in at least track 1

these tracks are certainly old, maybe from a period the two guys have been making music together

(imo)

wild speculation is wild and speculative. I wouldnt be surprised if Pusher is involved in some way, not whether he made them or not, I'd doubt that. But something that samples his material so heavily in places, released on his buddies label. I'm sure he knows about it at least. can't really hear the Aphex involvement, nothing here really sounds like his stuff. In terms of sound design, does sound very pusher, but I think that can be put down to the source material used. In terms of production quality, hard to tell from the previews, but doesn't really delivery the level of quality you'd expect from either artist. In terms of composition, doesn't sound like either of them particularly.

Still, looking forward to giving it a proper listen. Maybe it's a bit of a grower.

yeah these tracks are not very AFX, except the first one imo that sounds a bit like some angry acid stuff AFX made. I'm also basing my opinion on the drum production, that has in that track some extremely afx mimics (especially the use of the gate at the end of the track [internet rar version] which I've only heard in afx tracks).

But I'm also thinking AFX is involved according to one specific track, not released here, which is Untitled 97. I don't know if you listened to this track but I would cut my balls if it's not him (well I hope I won't regret that sentence)

As the rest sounds really Squarepusher, (in a non very innovative way, I agree) I believe Steinvord is a name for several people, at least the two of them, and they're using it to release some old stuff, make some hype with all the speculation, and of course making money. I believe it even more as AFX seems to release pretty much when he needs money.

also, sorry for those who think all these speculations leads nowhere, but I just enjoy it as a game, and I'm sure some other guys here do. thanks!

Guest LIFE RIDES YOUR BONES

ugh I had to go back and listen to all of go plastic to be sure that the 2nd sample wasn't just straight up squarepusher. even still i swear i've heard the part about 3/4 the way through as background music on some television interview with tom or perhaps in a live recording.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LOLOL at the no expense sparred on Rephlex cd design

they were too busy 'sparring' with each other.

FULK YOU, I was trying to just quote one part of a 5 post novel, deleting the fat did not work easily, so I quickly typed out a dumb response instead of just quoting and LOLing. I'm sorry but the interwebs is too much effort sometimes, It's stressing me out!!!!!!!!!

Archived