IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never, but it's not like hes djed every single one of his unreleased tracks before they appeared on something. About half of the Tuss stuff was brand new by the time the EP and Rushup Edge came out .

just another example of how most people in the music press/review websites have woefully inadequate knowledge about RDJ or Rephlex, how in the fuck has no one asked him about this yet in the newer round of interviews? Its baffling, I mean here he is handing up the fact that he's the Tuss on a platter with no beating around the bush.

yeah agree, when he mentioned releasing stuff under a different name it almost sold it too me that stein is his project.

I think it could be a outlet for his colabs with vibert/squareman/other idm guys. would make sense to me, they could have sent stems back and forth hence the not so perfect sound of using one studio. plus who cares about perfect mixdowns when your making tracks with your mates. that untitled 9 is the best of the tracks though, i got it off soulseek, is that originally a myspace rip? would love a proper mastered version

yeah agree, when he mentioned releasing stuff under a different name it almost sold it too me that stein is his project.

I think it could be a outlet for his colabs with vibert/squareman/other idm guys. would make sense to me, they could have sent stems back and forth hence the not so perfect sound of using one studio. plus who cares about perfect mixdowns when your making tracks with your mates. that untitled 9 is the best of the tracks though, i got it off soulseek, is that originally a myspace rip? would love a proper mastered version

Ya it's a myspace rip. Sounds like a druqks outtake eh?

just another example of how most people in the music press/review websites have woefully inadequate knowledge about RDJ or Rephlex, how in the fuck has no one asked him about this yet in the newer round of interviews? Its baffling, I mean here he is handing up the fact that he's the Tuss on a platter with no beating around the bush.

I think it's mostly us being totally obsessed with AFX/Rephlex etc rather than the press not knowing much about AFX. I really like the Steinvord EP, i'm just a bit curious about those myspace tracks. Puting unreleased tracks online doesnt really fit with AFX motus operandi (even if he put the analors outakes & the dj pierre remix on rephlex) so i dunno really.

Puting unreleased tracks online doesnt really fit with AFX motus operandi (even if he put the analors outakes & the dj pierre remix on rephlex) so i dunno really.

I quite disagree with that, pretty sure he plays that game more often than you could think. When you read all the debates which happened here about The Tuss (at least at the beginning) and Steinvord and see how many people don't want to believe he takes a part in it, it's pretty easy to imagine he could play posting some music under some unknown pseudonym on some random website (myspace, soundcloud, youtube, watmm...). And then he would see a couple of comments saying "quite good", "hey nice imitation of Aphex Twin", or, if we're on a forum like EKT-YLC "sounds cool but after the one minute mark it gets a little boring, if I were you I would add more variation, maybe some pads or something?". And he would find it funny because he knows how good his music is and he knows how the music would be received if it would be released and properly produced / mastered.

And another thing that would help him doing that is that it's pretty regular that some yet-unknown artist releases some music and all of a sudden everyone is discussing if it's him or not although the actual music sounds nothing like the music of RDJ.

• 4 weeks later...

Wisp albums to check out:

NRTHNDR

Honor Beats

The Shimmering Hour

Building Dragons and humpeIndenBEATS are pretty great too.

So is Hospital Head Ephedrine, which reminds me, it's as good a time as any for my thrice-per-decade plea to Wisp to let me listen to that track again. See you in Fall 2014!

Hi, it's me. Please?

Who would just drop an EP out of nowhere then disappear back into obscurity? It's either someone established or an extremely smart guy business-wise.

Extremely smart guy business-wise? If anything, releasing this album might have paid for a flatscreen tv or something, if that.

I think you guys really overestimate the cultural relevance of this stuff. It's good music, but dont be surprised if some critic hasn't heard of it.

Who would just drop an EP out of nowhere then disappear back into obscurity? It's either someone established or an extremely smart guy business-wise.

Extremely smart guy business-wise? If anything, releasing this album might have paid for a flatscreen tv or something, if that.

I think you guys really overestimate the cultural relevance of this stuff. It's good music, but dont be surprised if some critic hasn't heard of it.

lol extremely smart guy business wise?

Makes a lot of sense to invest all that time and potentially money (for gear) just to get a flatscreen tv in return.

:cerious:

you're right about cultural relevance of course

Archived