IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FH&W Acid is a good comparison because that song has, I feel, equally high production values as Steinvord. It's got some real slurpy gloop to the compression and saturation or whatever. It's got some real thick thumpy snap to the snappy tapdance sound. It sounds expensive. I'm sure people will fleeh-flah this observation but I still think there's a difference between what Aphex sounded/sounds like and what most other people sound like in this respect. For example, while JK and Monolith definitely have some Tuss- or AFX-like arrangements to their music, I don't feel like they sound very much like AFX in terms of the texture or heft of their mix. I like them too, but like, I would be shocked if this was Monolith.

Production-wise, whoever this person is, fuck. You are awesome.

Plus Squarepusher+Aphex is disguise in great IDM fanfic, you gotta love it. I mean Lyff DOES start out a lot like that Go Plastic track, whatever it's called. And then just before the drums there some squelch that bubbles up with a REALLY roomy tone to it, not at all like an average reverb plugin, but like a real room, just like we know Aphex likes.

And then of course the drums sound a lot like Aphex to me, from the way they're mixed (loud, equalized, and with some real gloop on them) and articulated (a lot of funk being brought by different amounts of gating, for example).

But I don't really care! I would like to own the songs though. You know, somehow. CD would be best. But really FLAC would be acceptable as well.

Well said!

Also, Awe, there's no assuming going on here. Only wondering.

Wonderment, fantasizing and uncertainty. Only assumption is that it will be available soon. ish.

it wouldnt surprise me if this turned out to be EOD, i have a fuckload of his super old tracks from 03ish when he was doing drill and considering the time passed he could pull music like this off now np.

anyway whoever it is, its good. but not breaking any new ground at all.

FH&W Acid is a good comparison because that song has, I feel, equally high production values as Steinvord. It's got some real slurpy gloop to the compression and saturation or whatever. It's got some real thick thumpy snap to the snappy tapdance sound. It sounds expensive. I'm sure people will fleeh-flah this observation but I still think there's a difference between what Aphex sounded/sounds like and what most other people sound like in this respect. For example, while JK and Monolith definitely have some Tuss- or AFX-like arrangements to their music, I don't feel like they sound very much like AFX in terms of the texture or heft of their mix. I like them too, but like, I would be shocked if this was Monolith.

Plus Squarepusher+Aphex is disguise in great IDM fanfic, you gotta love it. I mean Lyff DOES start out a lot like that Go Plastic track, whatever it's called. And then just before the drums there some squelch that bubbles up with a REALLY roomy tone to it, not at all like an average reverb plugin, but like a real room, just like we know Aphex likes.

And then of course the drums sound a lot like Aphex to me, from the way they're mixed (loud, equalized, and with some real gloop on them) and articulated (a lot of funk being brought by different amounts of gating, for example).

But I don't really care! I would like to own the songs though. You know, somehow. CD would be best. But really FLAC would be acceptable as well.

Agreed. The similarities are all in the detail.

it wouldnt surprise me if this turned out to be EOD

lol

the tracks are shit and they're not afx. if you can't even

hear that, i'm afraid you have extremely superficial

criteria. now let it die.

I'm sorry, it's good but it still lacks the depth and originality of something like Tunak Tunak Tun. Keep trying, Steinvord, you're almost there.

details that could be recreated with some effort by someone who is dedicated enough.

soundmurderer is miles better than steinvord bro

How do you know bitch.

lol, what kind of thing is that to say? It's subjective, so of course he knows his opinion

he just happens to be right

details that could be recreated with some effort by someone who is dedicated enough.

anything can be done by anyone, welcome to america, fill out your multiple choice sheet

Archived