IGNORED

Leila - U&I

Redruth

Had one of her albums, I think the XL one. Played it once.

She supported Aphex at Matter, we went to the bar.

Though if I remember correctly her cover version of Vordhosbn on the Warp 20 box was pretty good. And back in the day when I read NME they used to always talk big love about her Rephlex album, which always seemed a bit strange to me. Leila might be a dark horse.

I have the rephlex album that I really enjoyed back in the day, but she slipped off my radar, I'll definitely give this a listen. Cover artwork looks on par with her first album, but I don't really care about the cover. at all.

i love Leila. and that video of her live at Sonar is shit hot. she's got a lot of power, but beauty at the same time.

some of her tracks are quite dark, and different, but i like that. and some are really playful and funny. love her stuff. she's unique.

Guest texan whip

she is by far the best iranian female electronic musician on the planet.

wasn't leila a favourite of bjork and consequently a backing musician for her debut and post albums?

she is by far the best iranian female electronic musician on the planet.

wasn't leila a favourite of bjork and consequently a backing musician for her debut and post albums?

yes, and also played on bjork's unplugged stuff for mtv

good news. i like leila.

Archived