IGNORED

EP7

Redruth

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the only AE that I dislike/haven't gotten into. Just doesn't do anything for me, save for Pir. It's like a collection of random sounds that go on for an hour.

I've given it 4 full-time spins it seems, according to Last.fm, and that's not much really. Time to give it fifth..

^ get into 'dat groooove' when you get to Dropp

Dropp is great too, I give you that. Stood out from the rest. Still got bored towards the end, althought it did sound a lot better as a whole than before. Perhaps I bought into the hype in this thread.

^ get into 'dat groooove' when you get to Dropp

Dropp is great too, I give you that. Stood out from the rest. Still got bored towards the end, althought it did sound a lot better as a whole than before. Perhaps I bought into the hype in this thread.

The end is the best part though! Maybe listen to the first and second half as separate EPs as was originally intended. I sometimes like it better that way.

The first time I listened to EP7 I couldn't get into it. I dunno, it seemed weaker than Ae's other stuff. Over the years I've had that period of growing appreciation typical of Autechre's work, but it still doesn't have the same effect as the fuck-off orgasmaglitches that are Chiastic Slide, LP5 and Confield.

Each individual track is awesome in its own way, but EP7 really does feel like a good EP, as opposed to a perfect album. It's like the approach is more "let's see what we can do with these sounds" instead of "we're going to make the best music we can make".

Overall, it's awesome, but not quite as close to perfection as the other material from that era.

"let's see what we can do with these sounds" instead of "we're going to make the best music we can make".

That's how I feel about the latest Gescom vinyl, maybe its supposed to sound lose and off the cuff. Recorded in 1 take

Guest mrgypsum

this is my one of if not the best autechre eps, i like the evil sounds from ep7, imho i think oversteps was not as evil. although not sure why i am comparing the two releases, but definitely classic autechre here, the eps envane, cichli suite and ep 7 are great - that time period in auteche sound, to me, defines it to me. defined the autechre style. they had a raw live feel.

"let's see what we can do with these sounds" instead of "we're going to make the best music we can make".

That's how I feel about the latest Gescom vinyl, maybe its supposed to sound lose and off the cuff. Recorded in 1 take

I agree but I don't see that as a bad thing. If anything that seems more sincere/honest to me than something really pored-over and painstakingly constructed. Not saying that's always necessarily better, just different.

Archived