IGNORED

EP7

Redruth

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

their most abstract release, and (therefore) most interesting, I would say. that's not to say i think it's their best outpt, though.

hi fellow cassini avatar

Guest Xenblake

EP7 their most abstract work? In that case I'm curious as to where Confield, or Draft 7.30 for that matter rank on your abstractometer?

EP7 their most abstract work? In that case I'm curious as to where Confield, or Draft 7.30 for that matter rank on your abstractometer?

Personally I'd say Draft is the least abstract of the three, in my mind it's just a bunch of really fucked up hiphop instrumentals.

And EP7 seems like a more skeletal version of Confield, like the bare machine underneath before all of the mold and flesh grew on top. So I think EP7 and Confield are on par in terms of how abstract they are, but Confield is more 'natural'. Or something? I dunno, I'm at work and drinking, awesome.

Guest Xenblake

Personally I'd say Draft is the least abstract of the three, in my mind it's just a bunch of really fucked up hiphop instrumentals.

And EP7 seems like a more skeletal version of Confield, like the bare machine underneath before all of the mold and flesh grew on top. So I think EP7 and Confield are on par in terms of how abstract they are, but Confield is more 'natural'. Or something? I dunno, I'm at work and drinking, awesome.

That's an interesting take on EP7/Confield relation. I'll keep it in mind on my next listen.

i always thought of EP7 as a darker more raw take on LP5 and they restarted the whole construct on Confield but continued it until Gantz Graf, through Draft and then kept the same sequencing techniques but threw out the sound palette for Untilted. Until they threw all the rules out again with Quaristice

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i always thought of EP7 as a darker more raw take on LP5 and they restarted the whole construct on Confield but continued it until Gantz Graf, through Draft and then kept the same sequencing techniques but threw out the sound palette for Untilted. Until they threw all the quality out with Quaristice

fix't that for you, tee hee

yeah, EP7 is like 3 million times better than Move of Ten. For me the flow from Maphive to Zeiss Contarex to Netlon Sentinel to Pir is flawless, and maybe unmatched for quality in their discography. Zeiss Contarex and Netlon Sentinel in particular. Hell, even the track names are badass.

maphive6.1 is probably my favourite composition in the entire history of electronic music, and yet no other Autechre track has even come close to a similar sound (apart from the 'sister' track on the second peel session).

zeiss contarex....

best on the album by far. it's unique sounding even within the sprawling domain of autechre. Sounds like a slick weird black & white futuristic fetish sleaze fest if there ever was one.

Archived