snapped a 3.5mm audio jack off inside laptop socket

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, to make matters worse, the initial incident ripped the plug out of the socket and only half snapped it making it wonky . I foolishly bent it back to normal position in the vague hope that it would hold out for half an hour more. So I plugged it back in (all the while thinking this is probably gonna snap off inside) which of course it did... Were the entire pin snapped off I probably could tweez it out pretty easily. (Is tweez a verb?). But with it being only half of the plug that means there's a centimetre or so between me and the bit inside....

:cry:

What about a pin with superglue on the end. Press and hold on the broken piece until set and carefully pull out.

I thought about that too but thought I'd probably accidentally superglue the implement used to the inside of the socket casing or something

what a mess. the lappy might need a new socket (or a whole new i/o-board depending on the type'o'lappy).

git the thang tweezed out of the hole first.

I can't see why it would need a new socket as long as the bit of jack is removable...

what a mess. the lappy might need a new socket (or a whole new i/o-board depending on the type'o'lappy).

I can't see why it would need a new socket as long as the bit of jack is removable...

can't have a proper thread without some drama

make matters worse

making it wonky

I foolishly bent it back

Guest Coalbucket PI

What about a pin with superglue on the end. Press and hold on the broken piece until set and carefully pull out.

I thought about that too but thought I'd probably accidentally superglue the implement used to the inside of the socket casing or something

Theres a good chance the socket is deformed now and you will have to do that fucking irritating twiddly rotation trick to get the sound to come out in stereo

is it still in warranty? if not, crack that baby open - shouldn't be that hard to rectify. you might need some tweezers still though and maybe one of those little pokey things.

Solved with a bent paperclip and gravity.

edit: that's how I sorted the new girlfriend out. Laptop is still fucked

Where does one find a pair of these I wonder ???

http://www.amazon.co...0671462&sr=1-12

they appear to be available via amazon.com.

wiseguy huh?

Edited by LUDD
Guest nene multiple assgasms

Solved with a bent paperclip and gravity.

edit: that's how I sorted the new girlfriend out. Laptop is still fucked

Where does one find a pair of these I wonder ???

http://www.amazon.co...0671462&sr=1-12

they appear to be available via amazon.com.

wiseguy huh?

tweezers gonna tweeze. :sup:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now