IGNORED

Tri Repetae

vamos scorcho

Same volume as well? 

I'm guessing the ++ can be seen as an exclamation mark. Would have been lovely asking for this album in the record store. Back in the nineties. When they still had those.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/8/2011 at 3:13 AM, vamos scorcho said:
On 11/9/2011 at 12:06 PM, vamos scorcho said:

“Clipper" is a masterpiece, a defining moment for AE.

On 11/9/2011 at 1:18 PM, sweepstakes said:
On 11/11/2011 at 2:58 AM, sheatheman said:

the whole album is like if autechre kept making songs in the direction of amber and incunabula forever. like if autechre kept making songs hundreds of years into the future with those same production techniques-completely mastered-and tri repetae is just a cherry picked selection of their many thousands of songs.

For some reason a few years ago I'd always want to listen to it when I went to Couer d'Alene, Idaho.

Recently though... something clicked. I've discovered the atmosphere on this album - it's unparalleled in all of their work. The depth inside of the music is somehow further...deeper. While the technical elements of the sound are not as interesting perhaps as they will get later on... the feeling is like a gigantic trench. When you're listening to "Stud," your mind just goes deeper into a feeling of nothingness.

I think Amber is very similar in approach, but somehow they went 'all the way' with Tri Repetae. To infinity and beyond.

The dissociative effect of the music is wonderful.

This album sets of my synasthesia like no other. I makes me feel like everything around me is illuminated by the green backlit screens that a lot of 90’s electronic music gear has and I also think of pine tree smell because I used to listen to it on my iPod on epic walks. The atmosphere is so consistent and thickly layered, or should I say crisply layered and Clipper is the standout track to me. 

• Like 1

Been revisiting this a lot of late - forgot how perfect it is. Never pulled the trigger on the vinyl reissue but it may be about time. So full of nostalgia that I can’t believe was over 20 years ago.

• 2 years later...

Upon revisiting, I like this album a ton more now. Now that I know more about music and appreciate non-IDM techno more, I "get" Tri Repetae a whole heck of a lot better. I may still prefer their works from Confield on but this album has aged rather well, it must be said.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, splesh said:

Upon revisiting, I like this album a ton more now. Now that I know more about music and appreciate non-IDM techno more, I "get" Tri Repetae a whole heck of a lot better. I may still prefer their works from Confield on but this album has aged rather well, it must be said.

Oh my.. I think Tri Repetae sound way more "IDM" than Confield. ?

18 hours ago, cern said:

Oh my.. I think Tri Repetae sound way more "IDM" than Confield. ?

In the classical sense, of psychedelic chill out room music, certainly. But Confield feels more genuinely alien

• Like 2

I love this album. been listening to it since 20+years and it's still a pristine pleasure. especially on vinyl.

dunno why but, to me, works great in very early morning of a hot summer day. or in autumn evenings also.

thinking of a landscape of rusty, wasted industrial factories with plants and trees growing upon it.

Rotar, Stud and Overand are among my favourite tracks of all time.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...