IGNORED

Plug - Back On Time

plug-packshot.jpg

The new album & a lost classic from Plug, aka electronic icon Luke Vibert, 'Back On Time' is a collection of unreleased eccentric d'n'b tracks recorded over 15 years ago. Released on Ninja Tune on 9th January 2012 (24th January in N.America), it follows the highly-acclaimed Plug album from 1996, 'Drum 'n' Bass for Papa' which was originally released by Blue Planet Recordings.

Sounding brand new as well as being an uncovered gem, 'Back On Time' is a release that anybody interested in the progression of dance music should be very curious to hear and enjoy. Pre-orders are being taken now on the Ninjashop.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, was just posted in the subforum, great news, immediately pre-ordered the vinyl! Track 9 is the track that was in the Pukkelpop liveset (beyooond nostalgic for me).

About the cover, the back of this says the person on the cover is called Frank Vibert, must be family then?

Plug-back.jpg

Guest nene multiple assgasms

About the cover, the back of this says the person on the cover is called Frank Vibert, must be family then?

I think I remember reading somewhere that it was a picture of his grandad. the album is called "drum 'n' bass for papa" after all.

edit: too late

how is this not new.

'Back On Time' is a collection of unreleased eccentric d'n'b tracks recorded over 15 years ago.

I don't know. :unsure:

Not saying it's not cool or not something to get excited about, I'm just saying I'd probably listen to it once, enjoy it as early and influential DnB, and that's that. Same could happen with new stuff I suppose. But newly recorded material is sometimes more exciting.

Yes, was just posted in the subforum, great news, immediately pre-ordered the vinyl! Track 9 is the track that was in the Pukkelpop liveset (beyooond nostalgic for me).

Plug-back.jpg

yeah the whole 'drum and bass for papa' title comes from it being a tribute of sorts to his own either father or grandfather who used to do chinese man impersonations

Haha, that's awesome! I read about that it was his grandfather years ago so I wasn't sure, but didn't know that story! Luke is the man. :music:

Btw, when I download that free track it only lasts 03:20, but the one uploaded to youtube is way longer, weird.

nah, the youtube video just goes on after the track is finished for some reason

do tracks 1 & 3 sound a lot newer in terms of production/all-round style than the rest to anyone else??

looking forward to this, they all sound great

Archived