IGNORED

Plug - Back On Time

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This release is the tits. The title track and Yes Man are definitely tweaking mine at the moment :music:

Finally downloaded this morning. I'm not buying the "these are old tracks" story. No way these predate the 2000s. Still great to hear some new dnb.

I respectfully disagree (if you agree to disagree, of course), in part by how it sounds and in part by Luke's recent interview on bleep. IMHO Part of the genius legacy of DnB for Papa (and this) is that he was approaching the genre from a completely different angle, free from the stylistic trappings of the time but borrowing all the right elements of it in all the right places.

This release is the tits. The title track and Yes Man are definitely tweaking mine at the moment :music:

Finally downloaded this morning. I'm not buying the "these are old tracks" story. No way these predate the 2000s. Still great to hear some new dnb.

I respectfully disagree (if you agree to disagree, of course), in part by how it sounds and in part by Luke's recent interview on bleep. IMHO Part of the genius legacy of DnB for Papa (and this) is that he was approaching the genre from a completely different angle, free from the stylistic trappings of the time but borrowing all the right elements of it in all the right places.

That's funny...Yes Man is one of the reasons I believe most of this material is new. But really whatever. I'm thrilled to have some new Plug! Shit is dope.

im very much in agreement with MadnessR on this one. These are very obviously not old tracks. The only way i'd believe they are is if he kept all the original multitrack recordings of this and actually EQed/mixed it very recently. The production is far too clean to be made at the same time as Drum and Bass for papa. Seeing that Luke hasn't had a really notable release since Kerrier District i could see him wanting to get this release on the map by fibbing a little bit.

I do believe him though that he has a lot of material he hans't released. I bet some of these songs were made 5-6 years ago, but not at the same time as D&B for papa, id bet my life on it

im very much in agreement with MadnessR on this one. These are very obviously not old tracks. The only way i'd believe they are is if he kept all the original multitrack recordings of this and actually EQed/mixed it very recently. The production is far too clean to be made at the same time as Drum and Bass for papa. Seeing that Luke hasn't had a really notable release since Kerrier District i could see him wanting to get this release on the map by fibbing a little bit.

I do believe him though that he has a lot of material he hans't released. I bet some of these songs were made 5-6 years ago, but not at the same time as D&B for papa, id bet my life on it

Well, I only have one piece of evidence, the 9th track was played in my favorite liveset, Aphex and Vibert live @ Pukkelpop 2002, so it is at least 10 years old, probably alot older. I also think most of them were polished to death, they do sound really clean.

Did anyone get the Ltd Ed 12", whats on it and are they any good(what a silly question, they probably are)?

Yeah, got both today, they are two tracks that are a bit different compared to the tracks on Back On Time, I really like them though. Run is probably my favorite track from these new Plug releases, the second track could've been on a Wagon Christ album.

Did anyone get the Ltd Ed 12", whats on it and are they any good(what a silly question, they probably are)?

Got mine today to.

Its 2 tracks, "run" and "Get out my face".

Run is damn good I think, get out my face is the weaker but still worth a spin. Im pretty sure they did come with the digital download.

• 1 month later...

Archived