IGNORED

Richard Devine - RiSP EP

xyrofen

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure why, but to me vinyl* never seems the right format for Devine - a digital soundtrack for a digital medium.

*except digital vinyls maybe

I dunno, I've got a track of his on vinyl and it sounds good to me.

Also he uses lots of analog modular stuff too, he's no digital purist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest mrgypsum

my CD has arrived...yummy

did you order straight from the label?

yes right from the label, it took forever i think i placed my order on the very first day i could preorder it. maybe back in february?

• 7 months later...
Guest RadarJammer

finally got around to trying this out. it feels like a lost autechre album. its full of siwrling layers and pleasing sound design. will definitely get repeat listens

• 10 months later...
Guest bitroast

not really. i mean, i can see the comparison, but totally not fair at all!! this LP is really rather excellent and worth a listen or two if you haven't already! and his other stuff is generally good or excellent (with moments of really really excellent).

flashbulb is ... tasteless and inspired. what does inspired mean, is it a good or bad thing? because to me, inspired means flahbubs was sitting around listening to alot of aphex twin and squarepusher and getting stupid into it and making music that sits in nicely with the rest of whatever the fuck it was he was listening to or being inspired by at the time. none of it sounds original.

richard devine creates music. man. no flashbub.

Guest bitroast

this not being on vinyl but only having EP and phoenecia's demissions not being on vinyl but only having good man bones EP are two facts of live which are total bummers.

• 11 months later...

I really wish he released so much more of the noodling and whatnot that he does. It's always an entertaining listen and he makes some great sounds.

Also, nice shirt.

Archived