IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

3 hours ago, yekker said:

Thanks I D M. I ordered the Johnny THM. I'm loving my 90s comics that I have. 90s were just a great time for everything. :dadjoke:

Cool, that makes me want to dig for the old issues in the badement myself. As I said, no money back guarantee from me, but let me know what you think when you got it.

On 6/27/2020 at 12:35 AM, yekker said:

Thanks I D M. I ordered the Johnny THM. I'm loving my 90s comics that I have. 90s were just a great time for everything. :dadjoke:

Invader Zim is good too. And it's an actual cartoon.

819mmSm4reL.jpg

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Barry Windsor-Smith - Monsters
Dave Cook, Craig Paton - Killtopia (check out Paton's Hardcode as well if you're into illustration)
Mac Smith - Scurry
Callum Fraser, Emiliano Correo - Peace Of Mind
Michael Gordon, Henrique Pereira - Transdimensional
Neil Gibson,
Atula Siriwardane, Caspar Wijngaard - Twisted Dark
Joseph Oliveira - Stay Awake
Gustaffo Vargas - Puno/Manu/Lima/Trujillo
Karla Nappi - Duplicant
Aaron Wroblewski - Enenra
Oliver Mertz - The Monuments
Emmanuel Filteau - Tales From The Interface
Ryan Little - The Ax Man
Mike Garley - Samurai Slasher

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

currently finishing the second volume of 20th century boys, epic stuff as usual with Naoki Urasawa.

Just started Pluto yesterday. Great stuff, got pulled into it immediately. Ordered the next few volumes.

15 minutes ago, dcom said:

Barry Windsor-Smith - Monsters

At the top of my heap right now. Excited!

7 minutes ago, psn said:

Just started Pluto yesterday. Great stuff, got pulled into it immediately. Ordered the next few volumes.

At the top of my heap right now. Excited!

Yes, Pluto is a masterpiece (And Urasawa is the biggest Tezuka fan )

• Like 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:12 PM, IDEM said:

Y'all know dis?

Longshot Comics

Just dots and speech bubbles, p. cool.

filsonclip.png

Just ordered a copy, from the few random strips I’ve read it’s absolutely brilliant !

• Like 1

My favourite Marvel from late 80s / early 90s were those 2-issues in one that you flipped over and read from the back as well.  Some great weird characters mixed in with the usual ones there.  Anyone remember those?

*edit* Found it

Marvel Comics Presents

So actually 4 stories per issue, 2 were ongoing and 2 were obscure 1-offs with lesser known characters.

Wonder if my parents still have my old comics in the attic....

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

17 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

My favourite Marvel from late 80s / early 90s were those 2-issues in one that you flipped over and read from the back as well.  Some great weird characters mixed in with the usual ones there.  Anyone remember those?

*edit* Found it

Marvel Comics Presents

So actually 4 stories per issue, 2 were ongoing and 2 were obscure 1-offs with lesser known characters.

Wonder if my parents still have my old comics in the attic....

I always loved Marvel Comics Team-Up, especially when they combined two characters that had no business being in the same comic 

3DF6199E-7844-4465-8928-7D0EC6DF9F32.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 5:14 AM, iococoi said:

this looks ace

They are ok, but they don’t come close to living up to how cool the art is. Got them at half price books for 25 cents. 

I see a lot of good stuff in this thread!

@Rubin Farr: Doomsday Clock was amazing, don’t believe what the interwebs haters say about it. Bringing the characters into the mainstream continuity was awesome. Especially with Johns at the helm. His Green Lantern run could be my favorite of all time- which is also pulling from old Alan Moore material (get DC Universe By Alan Moore if u don’t have it!) 

Also- Gaiman’s Eternals is great, up in my favorites as well.

@dcom: Morrison is awesome. I loved Nameless, Multiversity, 52 (all his DC stuff, really), Marvel Boy and Skrull Kill Krew. Idk if any of u have read his GL run- but it’s pretty sweet. It’s classic Morrison insanity, so u don’t really need to know much going in. I guess it helps reading his other crazy DC stuff, there are some call backs to Multiversity and Final Crisis. I still like Geoff John’s GL the best, but the art and craziness of Morrison and Liam Sharp is pretty fucking rad. It changes throughout the series too, going from more classic styles to modern, but remaining trippy as hell the whole time:

0CB7DA48-7DE1-45F5-8F44-63AB18006F12.webp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iococoi said:

521f0c15dfff5513899ddbb46873ecb4.jpg

Yeah, moebius is probably my favorite. It’s crazy how much stuff I loved growing up that he was a part of. The Rene Laloux movies (moebius worked on time masters) are pretty much the all time greatest creations.  

Edited by Himelstein

2 hours ago, Himelstein said:

Yeah, moebius is probably my favorite. It’s crazy how much stuff I loved growing up that he was a part of. The Rene Laloux movies are pretty much the all time greatest creations.  

Moebius only did design work on Les maîtres du temps tho, not Fantastic Planet (that's upon drawings by Roland Topor) or Gandahar (that's Philippe Caza).

Edited by aencre
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aencre said:

Moebius only did design work on Les maîtres du temps tho, not Fantastic Planet (that's upon drawings by Roland Topor) or Gandahar (that's Philippe Caza).

I know, and honestly light years is my favorite over all, and fantastic planet has my favorite soundtrack of laloux’s films (serges piano guy, Alain goraguer). But the art in time masters is so good.

Did u ever see “dead times”? That was “fantastic”.

Edited by Himelstein

On 11/12/2021 at 11:08 AM, aencre said:

The English dub is on the YouTubes