IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

Just read Dark Victory. How it take me this long to discover this beauty? The subtle characterization and dynamic between Batman, Robin and Alfred is really special.

Tim Sale is a legend.

DarkVictoryBatman.jpg

843913._SX540_SY540_.png

Has anyone noticed that Marvel has pretty much desexualized every female character now, no one shows any skin, all women wear pants now, while DC still keeps some sexiness for female characters like Power Girl? I'm not saying it makes much of a difference, women can be taken seriously while being sexy, or not. But having the corporate conglomerate make that decision for you strikes me as a bit too PC, especially if it's my money I'm spending.

Has anyone noticed that Marvel has pretty much desexualized every female character now, no one shows any skin, all women wear pants now, while DC still keeps some sexiness for female characters like Power Girl? I'm not saying it makes much of a difference, women can be taken seriously while being sexy, or not. But having the corporate conglomerate make that decision for you strikes me as a bit too PC, especially if it's my money I'm spending.

just started this

357727._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg

big morrison fan but i don't like his approach here. 

finished this

Wytches_comic_book_cover_issue_1.png

liked it. 

been out of the loop on comics lately, stopped buying new issues a few months ago and just buy trades now so i'm behind on everything.

That Wonder Woman - Earth One book was awful.

Vision is excellent though.

If you want a really different take on the DC Trinity, I'd recommend Ted McKeever's 3 graphic novels on the heroes:

Batman Nosferatu

Superman Metropolis

Wonder Woman Blue Amazon

all tributes to classic black and white films

Wytches looks really interesting, probably gonna have to look into that title when I get through my current stack of things to read...

shouldn't have started collecting the DK3 issues, waste of time and money. I dont know why I thought a Dark Knight 3 without Miller being given full control would be interesteng. And Kubert's art ugh, so bland. At least it's only 4€ a month

Wytches looks really interesting, probably gonna have to look into that title when I get through my current stack of things to read...

Yep that's next on my list.

I recently picked up the first Trees TP and that's cool too.

I've been waiting for this one for quite a while, rumored to exist all the way back when Jane Foster took over, then kinda derailed by Secret Wars. The redemption story, where has Odinson been, what happened to the Ultimate version of Mjolnir? I'm hoping Beta Ray Bill comes into play again, that will make at least 3 enchanted Asgardian hammers at once in the 616 universe. Seems like Thor's new look will cross over into his next movie as well.

72A6E880-D7DE-492D-A684-6CFF3529D87E_zps

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-original-god-of-thunder-is-back-and-ready-to-prove-1783289116

• 1 month later...

Picked up Wytches and Gotham Central Vol. 4, the other day... Kinda bummed that it's the last volume of Gotham Central, fantastic series, very well written, but then again it's Greg Rucka and Ed Brubaker.

Plowed through Deadly Class Vol 1. at the library and really enjoyed it. There's a really great acid scene in it.

Based in the 80s, it's about a 14 year old homeless kid who gets recruited by a high school for assassins.

qaIHPeJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Great comic^

Definitely carried by the artists imo.

Dude, I finished Deadly Class Vol 4 yesterday and it's incredible. Ultra gritty, great story and the art is amazing.

• 3 weeks later...