IGNORED

Thinks that scare the shit out of you. NSFW id say

chassis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dese manz hatin

I used to have a reoccuring dream where my mother was leading me down a path through these truly awful woods. They were dark and dead and water logged rotten. We would come to the end of the path and she would show me a sign. It had the alphabet on it. Only it made a perfect square. At this point I would always scream and turn to flee... It never failed to terrorize me.

freud1hh0.jpg

the dark sometimes

edit: seriously, I need either some romanticists, imaginatives or paranoids to admit to how that unknown within even the most familiar of dark places is creepy in that lovecraftian, indescribably dreaful sense. I feel like Iain C might feel me on this. (not saying you are afraid of the dark, but...?)

Heights!

If I'm standing on a roof and I look straight up, I get pretty scared n' shit!

Yes, neither of you got the thread.

Nah, I got it—I just saw a post on Reddit discussing the exact same thing—scary shit in media, be it internet, tv, movies, etc—so I took a different route.

sometimes there is a specific kind of dream, a night terror

the kind where you are somehow half awake... and you're physically trying to scream from the extreme fear you are experiencing... and you wake up quietly screaming and paralyzed. I can remember what I was dreaming about from these, and it is always the most hellish and bizarre thing. like being stuck in a basement under a wood panel in the pitch black, there are insects and basically just... dead, death... dying things. grey. and it's so out of the way and old.

I would wake up and try to turn the light on, but none of the lights would go all the way. it was always grey, or dark. the lights didn't work. i would run to try and tell my mom or dad and they weren't there. then the ghosts became apparent. sometimes I was raped in the dark by ghosts

I swear, sometimes these half asleep lucid type night terrors... utterly bizarre. like I'm laying in bed lucid dreaming about laying in bed, i lift my hand up to my face and then wake up and my hand is at my side. and this just repeats for hours because i fall back asleep very quickly back into the lucid dream. and strange alterations occur where the window is gold or something.

by the way, i totally understand the dark fear. it's unavoidable. it's simply impossible for me to walk up the stairs of my basement in the pitch dark without breaking into a sprint at some point out of fear of something being behind me.

OK, the woods. the TRUE woods. at night.

I went on a small backpacking trip and I have to say, the woods are unbearable for me. In the silence of the wide open space I hear this bird making it's calls at 3 AM, dead silence. And there is a pack of wolves off in the distance yelping. Can't sleep, paralyzed in fear from the isolation and the wolves.

Guest Pennywise

Not something im scared of now lol, but I watched this when i was really young. The bit with the tongue horrified me.

[youtubehd]epzC88bzghA[/youtubehd]

honestly though, the sense that your listening to watching was intended to harm you/others, something that's truly, for lack of a better word, evil in origin.. snuff film shit; buddy dyer, god i wish i never watched that. and pain olympics, just the descriptions of it make me cringe... never will watch it.

the anneleise michel exorcism case from 1976, the recordings are scary as fuck and in german

I get sleep paralysis all the time, especially if i fall asleep early evening for some reason...when this happens I know i'm awake but i'm still dreaming. figures walk into the room normally and i can never quite see them, but I know they're "eeeeevil" and they always start slowly towards me...literally the other day I had one where someone started sawing through the top of my bed...one particular time that scared me was waking up to find the corpse of a workmate in my bed, lying against me...i normally scream out in my dreams, but if anyone is in the room in real life they say I make pathetic whimpering noises. which is reaaaally embarrassing.

Oh and has anyone ever had "Night Hag" dreams? Terrifying, had that one a few times. she always comes in really slowly, you can't move, just watch her coming towards you...then she climbs on top (always really slowly but you can't do anything about it), puts her hands round you neck and squeezes...that scares the absolute shit out of me.

Guest Pennywise

I get sleep paralysis all the time, especially if i fall asleep early evening for some reason...when this happens I know i'm awake but i'm still dreaming. figures walk into the room normally and i can never quite see them, but I know they're "eeeeevil" and they always start slowly towards me...literally the other day I had one where someone started sawing through the top of my bed...one particular time that scared me was waking up to find the corpse of a workmate in my bed, lying against me...i normally scream out in my dreams, but if anyone is in the room in real life they say I make pathetic whimpering noises. which is reaaaally embarrassing.

Oh and has anyone ever had "Night Hag" dreams? Terrifying, had that one a few times. she always comes in really slowly, you can't move, just watch her coming towards you...then she climbs on top (always really slowly but you can't do anything about it), puts her hands round you neck and squeezes...that scares the absolute shit out of me.

would it help to wear one of those sleeping eye masks, because you wouldn't be able to see anything. I assume you see these things irl around you right?

i had sleep paralysis where i felt something dark coming towards me and i did a combination of a yawn and stretch and that helped me move my body helping me leaving that state of mind. weird i know but it worked.

But, anyways. The one thing that scared the shit outa me for a good week was that movie INSIDIOUS

Damn, any of you guys seen that movie.... Never really jumped at the scares, just extremely creepy/weird imagery.

just saw this. it was scary, and good.

would it help to wear one of those sleeping eye masks, because you wouldn't be able to see anything. I assume you see these things irl around you right?

no, it's all in my head, you can't really look around anyway. it's sort of like being aware of your surroundings, n you can see everything without looking i suppose...strange

Guest Pennywise

But, anyways. The one thing that scared the shit outa me for a good week was that movie INSIDIOUS

Damn, any of you guys seen that movie.... Never really jumped at the scares, just extremely creepy/weird imagery.

just saw this. it was scary, and good.

just watched this after reading this thread. Very dissapointed. I was hoping it was gonna be all about the old woman beacause she was hideous. Plot was okay as paranormal films go, at the end of the day the darth maul dude wasn't particularly scary.

Dead Silence is a creepy newish film imo

Holy shit, that webcomic scared the crap out of me, I was even kinda expecing a jumper at some point and it still got me.

the dark sometimes

edit: seriously, I need either some romanticists, imaginatives or paranoids to admit to how that unknown within even the most familiar of dark places is creepy in that lovecraftian, indescribably dreaful sense. I feel like Iain C might feel me on this. (not saying you are afraid of the dark, but...?)

When you gaze long enough unto the abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you...

Archived