new old plug on ninja+free chhon

Guest yikes

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what a disappointment! Fucking money grabbers, Citizen Tinnitus is the same song as Get Out of My Face.

OMG!!!! What? That's stupid! Fuck off Japanese bonus tracks! At whom it laughs? Can't write that Citizen Tinnitus is Get Out of My Face in their site?

Mhmmm... What r these japanese bonus tracks from news Leila & Clark & Squarepusher albums? If it's the same tune 4 last Plug's album

I'm looking at discogs. I wonder if something else has happened.

Velazquez, do you own the limited edition 12" with Get Out My Face on it? Because Discogs states it's 5:38 long. This does not reconcile with my 4:07 version (exactly the length of Citizen Tinnitus).

I'm wondering if they may have offered Citizen Tinnitus instead of Get Out My Face by accident when people like myself downloaded the album. I'm going to Soulseek it up to see if I can find a different version, but ideally somebody with the 12" should get in here to tell us.

Somebody with the 12" but no Citizen: Citizen starts with a dramatic horn figure and goes at a drum and bass tempo. If your Get Out My Face varies from this, please inform us.

Velazquez, do you own the limited edition 12" with Get Out My Face on it? Because Discogs states it's 5:38 long. This does not reconcile with my 4:07 version (exactly the length of Citizen Tinnitus).

I'm wondering if they may have offered Citizen Tinnitus instead of Get Out My Face by accident when people like myself downloaded the album. I'm going to Soulseek it up to see if I can find a different version, but ideally somebody with the 12" should get in here to tell us.

Somebody with the 12" but no Citizen: Citizen starts with a dramatic horn figure and goes at a drum and bass tempo. If your Get Out My Face varies from this, please inform us.

Wow, sharp thinking, checked it out immediately and you're right. I have the 12" and the full vinyl release + the digital download, and when I listened to the 2 bonus tracks on my pc, I was thinking that it was better the first time I heard it (on the 12"). Get Out Of My Face on the 12" is a totally different track. It's way more slowed down than the digital version, really sounds like good ol' Luke Vibert in the Big Soup era. Also, it has a downpitched vocal line saying "Get Out Of My Face", so it's pretty obvious that the 12" has the correct version.

edit: How in the world could I have missed this :cerious: it's indeed 5+ minutes long, as stated on discogs.

I'll go email Ninja about this. If it sounds like Big Soup I want my copy, dammit. Couldn't find one on Soulseek, which is no surprise; if you get the download with the 12" you're not going to rip it.

And emailed. Herr Jan, care to rip your copy of the vinyl in case it's not fixed quickly? I'd like to hear this.

I wonder what Ninja Tune will do! Yeah, I'm away for a few days so can't rip it until somewhere next week. I've never tried ripping music from my recordplayer as well, so it'll take some time. So if anyone is faster, be my guest!

yes I own the Limited 12", I also downloaded the mp3 from Ninja so i wouldn't have to rip it. When I inserted the disc in my computer to play "CitizeN" I thought maybe i cued up Get out of my face...

Archived