IGNORED

What Indie Games do you Like?

murve33

I love Indie Games. What are your favorites? Don't say Dwarf Fortress, everyone's heard of that. Tell me about something I haven't heard of.

Some of my favorite developers have been:

Cactus Squid (Clean Asia)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzvURmXlTaE&feature=related

Teknopants (Uberleben)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yzxkGfYe28

Jason Rohrer (Sleep is Death, and Between (Free game on Steam)

http://sleepisdeath.net/

Between is really cool. Deals with reality and dreams being related. It's 2-player only, so one controls reality and one controls dreams or something. Cool concepts and nice to zone out and listen to music too. Reminds me of paperrad.

Anyways, other favorite games include:

-Polychromatic Funk Monkey

-Jugglin

-Ragmeg Alleycat

-Space Phallus

-The Cat and the Coup (More Educational about the US/UK-Iranian Coup, but I'm really interested in that anyway; Beautiful Art!) [FREE ON STEAM]

-Revenge of the Swarm (So fun)

-Seizuredome

-Shotgun Ninja (Commodore 64 Style)

-DEFCON (On Steam)

Most of which are free.

Also, Voxatron is the best game I've played in a couple of years. So I recommend ya'll should buy that (It's about $4 for about 7 games. Good deal. ONLY 15 HOURS TIL IT EXPIRES THOUGH)

http://www.humblebundle.com/ [Edit: You could pay 1 cent for it if you're a douche for Voxatron, it's pay what you want]

Any suggestions for good games?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-The Cat and the Coup (More Educational about the US/UK-Iranian Coup, but I'm really interested in that anyway; Beautiful Art!) [

woah yes taht looks must-have.

nice list murve!

this one is made by a small/obscure team of devs (not sure how 'indie' they are tho), a truly excellent adventure-game in the style of beneath a steel sky and similar mid-90s futuristic point&clicks, it came out last year:

Gemini Rue

159806-665.jpg

gemini_rue_09.jpg

-The Cat and the Coup (More Educational about the US/UK-Iranian Coup, but I'm really interested in that anyway; Beautiful Art!) [

woah yes taht looks must-have.

nice list murve!

this one is made by a small/obscure team of devs (not sure how 'indie' they are tho), a truly excellent adventure-game in the style of beneath a steel sky and similar mid-90s futuristic point&clicks, it came out last year:

Gemini Rue

159806-665.jpg

gemini_rue_09.jpg

This was a cool game, let down by some weak dialogue writing (especially towards the end) and a hugely predictable plot twist. The guns-blazing action sequences were also hugely misconceived. But all told, one of the better indie point-and-clickers of the past few years.

Better is Ben There, Dan That and its superior sequel, Time Gentlemen Please by Size Five Games (formerly Zombie Cow Studios):

Time-Gents-11.jpg

They're full of sarky British humour which is generally more hit than miss, with well-designed (often very tricky) puzzles and tons of references back to 90s-era point and click games (which anyone who's interested in these games will probably appreciate.) Wholly recommended.

This was a cool game, let down by some weak dialogue writing (especially towards the end) and a hugely predictable plot twist. The guns-blazing action sequences were also hugely misconceived. But all told, one of the better indie point-and-clickers of the past few years.

Better is Ben There, Dan That and its superior sequel, Time Gentlemen Please by Size Five Games (formerly Zombie Cow Studios):

They're full of sarky British humour which is generally more hit than miss, with well-designed (often very tricky) puzzles and tons of references back to 90s-era point and click games (which anyone who's interested in these games will probably appreciate.) Wholly recommended.

YES. didn't finish either of them (pretty hard yeh) but i should return. sarky as fuck :D

Gemini Rue

159806-665.jpg

gemini_rue_09.jpg

great game. i loved the way the story was told. a little bit of annoying pixel hunting, but it wasn't enough to detract too much from the experience.

does Q Entertainment count? i know they publish under Sega sometimes, but Tetsuya Mizuguchi has almost a blank check when developing whatever game he wants.

Rez

Every Extend Extreme

Lumines

Child of Eden

Lol, Enviro Bear was so shitty/awesome.

I don't care if LIMBO is indie either, it is an amazing game (from the demo I've played). I'll buy it when I have the cash. Frozen Synapse looked boring, but I'll buy it if I have the chance now.

VVVVV was fun until I got stuck on the part where you have to help that one dude complete the levels with you.

Spelunky is in the same group as Dwarf Fortress (Indie, everyone has heard of it, but for good reason).

And I adored Castle Crashers. Sadly, I never owned an X-Box. Never understood why it wasn't released for steam. I think it'd fit in better there vs. the Xbox community.

I'll check out those games when I'm done with homework, Mr. Farr. I think I'll go smoke a cigar.

Keep them coming! I'll post several more. Maybe some videos for the one's in the original post. Also, check out my qbasic games (signature). Paladin's Quest, Turtluv, and Bear Glasses have been loved by several. Chimp Knife Fight is good too, but I forgot how to play it, it's so hard to figure out, lol.

I should have posted a video for 2D Boy's Attack of the Swarm. The music mixed with the screams are so hilarious. It is way more fun than it looks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_87pSWYhKo&feature=related

Only 5 hours until the Voxatron bundle is over. Remember, it's pay what you want. So you could buy it for a penny if you wanted.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOC2JIjjYw

Arcade mode is addicting. And there are so many user-made levels.

Guest viscosity

great thread, going to be checking these out. just bought voxatron and discovered the Humble indie bundles, basically the best indie games of the last 5 years

gotta get this Voxatron thing quick then. i remember forlon mentioned it earlier and props to any developers diving into vox gfx these days.

yeh sweet thread mr murve

YES. didn't finish either of them (pretty hard yeh) but i should return. sarky as fuck :D

Oh yes, I just got those games as well, in ANOTHER BUNDLE (Only 21 hours left): http://www.indieroyale.com/

I love the snarky British humor. I feel like I'm listening to a CHATMM conversation.

Bookmark humblebundle and indieroyale. They have new bundles all of the time, and they are great deals.

And here's another great gameplay video: NSFW!!

what is a indie game is hedgewars?

or cool spot 2: make 7 up yours

Oh yea, Hedgewars. Decent Worms clone, but I prefer worms.

And Lol at the 7up game, sup. I'm glad there are misspellings and original music. I recommend you all download it.

Archived