IGNORED

Drexciya

essines

4 hours ago, dcom said:

I think I have only one Drexciya proper, Molecular Enhancement on RePHLeX. I caned Aquatic Bata [sic] Particles like mad when it came out, but I never got more into them until 10-15 years later - although I've always liked Donald and Stinson's solo alias work, especially Arpanet and Transllusion, and other collaborations like Der Zyklus, Dopplereffekt, Elecktroids, NSRB-11 (completely indispensable) and so on. I really should get Journeys Of The Deep Sea Dwellers I-IV. As an aside, I have no recollection of how, but I found Ultradyne by way of Drexciya, and Ultradyne's been more my thing during the years than Drexciya.

this is great 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fxbip said:

this is great 

It's bloody brilliant, although a bit pricey if you're after physical - I paid about 40 € for the extended CD version that includes the three EP tracks as well, but it's well worth it (considering that the combined second hand price for the album and the EP starts at about 130 €).

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 6:32 PM, MIXL2 said:

STOOOP ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ARE WRONG!!!

YOU WATCH THIS IMMEDIATLY 

THEN GO FROM THERE!!!

is this video available anywhere? I can't watch it anymore :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Extralife said:

I thought the comics were approved by the Stinson estate? 

Comics probably, but it's in reference to the whole article, I think.

Not sure where she's coming from. Check this old Stinson interview:

dm59tcbdxjd21.jpg.9b6a6cadf2ae8a83876ed5a70f364d19.jpg

Not a call to race war, to be sure, but when he says "all he did was step in with his money and his Caucasian Persuasion" that does not sound like "Drexciya's music was never supposed to be associated with race or a race war" either.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Not a call to race war, to be sure, but when he says "all he did was step in with his money and his Caucasian Persuasion" that does not sound like "Drexciya's music was never supposed to be associated with race or a race war" either.

Shit lookie like time to decolonize bubble metropolis first - picture wavejumpers shooting dogecoins and other NFT percussives at all the fleeing karen-haired-Hawtin squids - and no need to imagine either, it's all chronicled in my 28-page limited edition Drexciya comic book out this fall!  Up for preorder now on boomkat (£79.99+p) - pls ignore all the bad parts of review they gave it (which is pretty much everything except the timeliness of its issue vis-a-vis the current Israeli-palestinian conflict, not unlike the synchronicity of Basinski's disintegration loops and 9/11).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 1

lol yeah. i respect what the widow is saying but i'll still take stinson's actual words over hers. especially because the entire drexciya mythos is about african slaves being thrown overboard and becoming super advanced mutant gillmen. hard to pretend that race isn't involved in that somehow. but I guess she's just saying that anything beyond the music is not official drexciya canon. fine with me

• Like 2

I do not wish to specify any particular ethnicity. I would state that all variations of humanity have contributed to the evolution of electronic music. Electronic music is the only music type that is global in scope and not specific to any particular culture. Granted, if a variety stems from a particular culture, then it will apply its own idiosyncrasies to the form. But in general it’s a universal sonic medium with endless contributions. 

https://www.electronicbeats.net/gerald-donald-interview/

That's from the other half of Drexciya.

The Caucasian Persuasion however, started in 1970 in Düsseldorf...:trollface:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1