IGNORED

Aphex's shittiest works

KovalainenFanBoy

i used to think equation was shit until literally a week ago when i re-listened to it.. it's chaotic and hard to digest but also very interesting and complex in a way that makes some sense. i like it.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i used to think equation was shit until literally a week ago when i re-listened to it.. it's chaotic and hard to digest but also very interesting and complex in a way that makes some sense. i like it.

you guys are high. equation is mind bendingly awesome to listen to.

and how could anyone possibly dislike Nannou?

equation. i can't fucking stand equation.

Good or bad, it's a spectrogram of RDJ's face first, and a music track second. I know it's at the end, but it gave the excuse of releasing 6 minutes of audio fuckery.

AB4. Cuckoo is great, a top 5 for me. The rest is really, really bad. On purpose. Just listen to Sloth.

Not that bad with +5% pitch on a good soundsystem with a crowded dancefloor below, but yes Sloth never did anything to me

That cheeky dat recording thing that finally surfaced last(?) year. All of it. Selected worst works.

Indeed except one or two OK tracks, would be funny to see an ultra disappointement with an eventual aphex unreleased rephlex box set (the best has already been released, but it's only my opinion hum hum)

Anything after RDJLP is pretty shit, not gonna lie. 1992-1995 AFX is pretty much perfect.

woohoo I suddenly feel less alone

"Vaz Deferenz"

Again, good dj track at +5% on a good etc etc

equation is shit.

Heeeeeey did you hear it on vinyl with some decent audio material ?? If yes ok, all apologies

in all honesty, anytime i hear aphex used in a commercial or in something like kayne west's song, i find it hard to appreciate that track the same afterwards. not that i really liked avril 14th in the frist place anyway

I've never listened to I Care Because You Do all the way through. some great tracks, mostly not

arched maid via rdj

You never fail to speak sense, I can't stand that track. And IZ-US is quite crap too.

IZ-US is not crap. at all. it's like the better version of 'flim'

arched maid via rdj is a good/great track, but i don't listen to it as much as i used to. hangable auto bulb is possibly his overall best work, i sometimes think. it seems strangely unspoken in comparison with his other work

Guest narkeworld

Anything after RDJLP is pretty shit, not gonna lie. 1992-1995 AFX is pretty much perfect.

The truth and that's just the way it is.

Never liked Come to Daddy, the song. And Mummy mix is awful.

Actually this is completely true. Come to Daddy is a pisstake and sounds like a pisstake and anyone who likes it beyond the level where it's a cute-ish pistake is emotionally retarded.

Everyone's wrong sometimes. Nothing to be ashamed of. We'll let it slide.

I honestly think that while so much of his best music was released from '92-'95, all of his worst music was sporadically released then along with it.

After those years he had much better quality control, right up until today where he chooses to release nothing... :wtf:

I really like Sloth. Once you get used to the loud BOINK noise its like the most chilled thing ever. I agree that 'elephant' and 'gibbon' are not much good though.

I find a lot of the 'classics' stuff (from the early R+S eps) quite annoying. Too repetitive and too harsh. Digeridoo is alright but is about twice as long as it needed to be.

Like, metapharstic sounds amazing for the first 20 seconds or so, but then it just goes on and on and on and on and hardly anything changes.

He's got much less repetitive as he's got older.

Never liked Come to Daddy, the song. And Mummy mix is awful.

Actually this is completely true. Come to Daddy is a pisstake and sounds like a pisstake and anyone who likes it beyond the level where it's a cute-ish pistake is emotionally retarded.

I buy the humour..... lots of little things in the track that would take time and effort to sequence though so I don't think it's all a big giant pisstake as you've been lead to believe. I want your soul thing is amusing though :P (if it is all entirely a pisstake. Why bother putting nice tunes like Flim/Iz Uz on the EP?) Not really a favourite song though, Flim was always the best off that EP :nyan:

also shame about the relative Sloth hate in this thread, I have always had a soft spot for that one.

Nor can I understand not listening to ICBYD all the way through...

Most of the Universal Indicator stuff I can give a miss.... Green in FLac is nice at times though....

this is all down to personal opinion. He always has a couple throw away tracks on every album. He doesn't always make a great track. but its still just opinion

Archived