IGNORED

Aphex's shittiest works

KovalainenFanBoy

"KTPA 1 & 2", and "If it really is me".

I don't know where "If It Really Is Me" came from but I was instantly embarrassed when I heard it and still am. It sounds just like the theme song to a now defunct soap opera in America called "The Young & The Restless".

Jesus wept! That track is amazing!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand how a lot of fans of RDJ don't enjoy ICBYD.. for me it was one of the first LP's i really got into after hearing a few of his more popular tracks

I agree. I thought ICBYD was incredible when I first heard it. Same with RDJ, though Drukqs took me a couple listens to really enjoy.

"KTPA 1 & 2", and "If it really is me".

I don't know where "If It Really Is Me" came from but I was instantly embarrassed when I heard it and still am. It sounds just like the theme song to a now defunct soap opera in America called "The Young & The Restless".

I have to hand it to the KTPA's but this is only if you accept them within a noise/true experimental context. There's actually quite a lot to be had in terms of textures and extremity that rival Hecker and Tudor. They also make extremely good customized alarm clocks :spiteful:

Yes, that's what I've always thought as well, in regards to "If it really is me".

In regards to the KTPA's, I've tried looking at it from a noise point of view (I do like me some Merzbow and noisier V/vm) but it just sounds awful to me.

Yes, I strongly disagree, but I guess it all boils down to personal preference.

edit:@ dr. lopez

yeah well fuck you

Yes, I strongly disagree, but I guess it all boils down to personal preference.

edit:@ dr. lopez

caaam aaaaan

edit: tracks like these are actually why I love afx so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrduVTskeOQ

Guest nowyouknow

i don't know the tuss, the analord series & the remixes but let's go:

- 2 tracks on the Analogue Bubblebath 4. (not cuckoo & sloth, the others)

- 2 tracks on the Analogue Bubblebath 1 & 2 (en trance to exit & one of the two "untitled").

- ".5527.." (track 7 on the Analog Bubbkebath 3)

- Caustic Window - R2D2 & the two tracks from the unreleased album (i'm not sur about one, i have to re-listen)

- The noizy shitty tracks: Ventolin (praze an beeble mix), Gwarek 2 (druqks) & The two from the 2003 ep.

- quoth (not shit but i don't like it) & quoth remixes.

- the mummy mix (come to daddy).

+ the early eps (pac man, gak, bradley) which are weaker

Guest Kenneth172

Yeah, Expert Cock Twiddlers is probably his worst album. The only good bit on it for me is the first three seconds of 'Vodka'. The cover ranks as probably the most irritating IDM cover in history too. :wtf:

Yeah, Expert Cock Twiddlers is probably his worst album. The only good bit on it for me is the first three seconds of 'Vodka'. The cover ranks as probably the most irritating IDM cover in history too. :wtf:

levity...

Guest Kenneth172

levity...

Not really, just my opinion, never was keen on Knob Twiddlers, it's the least played album I have out of everything he's done. I'm with you on the Joyrex lost tape though lopez, those tracks ought to have had a full release.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Windowlicker (Acid Edit) yet. Besides the huge letdown, the song itself isn't even that great. The only good thing are the Acid sounds.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Windowlicker (Acid Edit) yet. Besides the huge letdown, the song itself isn't even that great. The only good thing are the Acid sounds.

whaaa!? I love that version

you cray cray

Just listened to "Sloth" for the first time in ages. Is it just me, or is that little melody that comes in during "Sloth" basically a variation of the one used throughout "Stone In Focus"?

Seriously, wtf?

Some people here have awful taste.

Seriously, wtf?

Some people here have awful taste.

Agreed, not really sure what's going on here.

Archived