IGNORED

Occupy Thread

J3FF3R00

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course you can argue from a faulty premise.

argumentation has nothing to do with veridiction.

For instance, we could argue about the color of flying elephants.

Why ? Because the world is and endless fight between a memory and another memory.

Deep down, you know what I say is false. Yet, here i am, arguing.

I don't see how that is a fitting analogy. Please explain.

jefferoo, I appreciate your trollisms, they are unstylistically vague. Like a child constantly saying "why" to every question.

Once you get a job where you have to manage or lead people you will understand risk assessment and the analogy. However, if you ever get there you wouldn't feel the need to participate in things like OWS.

Brilliant explanation. *golf clap*

Btw, I seriously didn't understand the analogy. I've also had many jobs where I've had to manage/lead people. It still isn't clear. Challenge yourself and please try to explain.

I don't understand what you don't understand about my analogy. What don't you understand exactly?

I believe this video will clear up some recent confusion....

[media='']

[/media]

What confusion?

If you are insinuating that those in finance are laughing at you, you're right.

Why ? Because the world is and endless fight between a memory and another memory.

I love you SO hard, Babar.

I believe this video will clear up some recent confusion....

[media='']

[/media]

What confusion?

If you are insinuating that those in finance are laughing at you, you're right.

That video had nothing to do with our conversation. I just thought it was funny.

the humor stems from the confusion of fiction -the absolutely evil darth vader - and reality - a guy disguised as darth vader for a ceromony. Content leeks onto form. (and vice versa by the way, it's fluidic semantics)

I don't understand what you don't understand about my analogy. What don't you understand exactly?

How do I/we remind you of the people who smoke their whole lives then blame the cigarette companies when they get cancer?

fill in the blanks

1. a cat is to a plane what a human being is to a …

2. a fork is to a towel what a knife is to …

3. an aunt is to TNT what a step-mother is to …

answers

the first one is easy. UFO fits pretty well

the second one is more tricky, I'd say a peignoir, but i'm open to other suggestions

and for three, the answer seems to be "nuke".

live coverage of march taking over the streets of SF (right now)

http://abclocal.go.c...o-video-8434520

Don't get me wrong, they have my support, but whenever anything like this happens in the Bay Area, most of the country just kind of dismisses it and thinks, "Oh yeah, that's what they do there..."

live coverage of march taking over the streets of SF (right now)

http://abclocal.go.c...o-video-8434520

Don't get me wrong, they have my support, but whenever anything like this happens in the Bay Area, most of the country just kind of dismisses it and thinks, "Oh yeah, that's what they do there..."

i don't think thats working anymore now, especially since it started in NY

I'm not verbose - I'm explicit.

Sinicalypse was an example of verbosity.

No, you get very verbose. Shall I drudge up examples? It's getting late and I'm feeling lazy but I will, if you insist.

I might type a lot, but I'm not using unnecessary words.

You're not arguing, you're spouting bullshit.

Because an argument is an attempt to persuade someone by giving reasons to reach acceptance of a particular conclusion, starting with a premise that is incorrect will never constitute an argument, since your premises are meant to back up the truth of said conclusion.

so can someone tell me was Frank Miller always this much of a twat or did he just become even more of one after 9/11, apparantly to him OWS is ignoring our 'biggest threat' which is islam, holy shit frank. I never liked your comics before but jesus christ :facepalm:

Everybody’s been too damn polite about this nonsense:

The “Occupy” movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. “Occupy” is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they’re spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.

Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you’ve been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you’ve heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

And this enemy of mine — not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

They might not let you babies keep your iPhones, though. Try to soldier on.

Schmucks.

FM

http://frankmillerink.com/2011/11/anarchy

without reading any of his writings before, if someone told me 'ill bet you 1,000,000 that Frank Miller sounds like Michael Savage when he talks about politics' i would be out 1,000,000 today

I'm not verbose - I'm explicit.

Sinicalypse was an example of verbosity.

No, you get very verbose. Shall I drudge up examples? It's getting late and I'm feeling lazy but I will, if you insist.

I might type a lot, but I'm not using unnecessary words.

You're not arguing, you're spouting bullshit.

Because an argument is an attempt to persuade someone by giving reasons to reach acceptance of a particular conclusion, starting with a premise that is incorrect will never constitute an argument, since your premises are meant to back up the truth of said conclusion.

You deny you go ON and ON and ON eventually getting nowhere? I guess I'll start getting the examples together.

Also, I've been meaning to ask if you have any insight into why Korean movies are so unbelievably dreadful?

so can someone tell me was Frank Miller always this much of a twat or did he just become even more of one after 9/11, apparantly to him OWS is ignoring our 'biggest threat' which is islam, holy shit frank. I never liked your comics before but jesus christ :facepalm:

The “Occupy” movement, whether displaying itself on Wall Street or in the streets of Oakland (which has, with unspeakable cowardice, embraced it) is anything but an exercise of our blessed First Amendment. “Occupy” is nothing but a pack of louts, thieves, and rapists, an unruly mob, fed by Woodstock-era nostalgia and putrid false righteousness. These clowns can do nothing but harm America.

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they’re spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

Maybe, between bouts of self-pity and all the other tasty tidbits of narcissism you’ve been served up in your sheltered, comfy little worlds, you’ve heard terms like al-Qaeda and Islamicism.

And this enemy of mine — not of yours, apparently - must be getting a dark chuckle, if not an outright horselaugh - out of your vain, childish, self-destructive spectacle.

In the name of decency, go home to your parents, you losers. Go back to your mommas’ basements and play with your Lords Of Warcraft.

Or better yet, enlist for the real thing. Maybe our military could whip some of you into shape.

Schmucks.

FM

http://frankmillerin...2011/11/anarchy

without reading any of his writings before, if someone told me 'ill bet you 1,000,000 that Frank Miller sounds like Michael Savage when he talks about politics' i would be out 1,000,000 today

what a dick.

until i found out what they were protesting for

for fucks sake, we don't want our education to be paid for, we want a means to be able to sustain our livelihoods.

i don't mind having debt if I live in a society that will have a well-paying job with benefits that matches with my degree of education.

Schmucks.

FM

http://frankmillerin...2011/11/anarchy

what a dick.

i have no words for this guy. he's participating in such pointless hatred. did someone take a shit on his lawn or something?

Have you guys considered popping out welfare babies? That seems to be working for a whole segment of society.

:rolleyes:

there are plenty of folks who manipulate every welfare system. that doesn't mean the system is entirely flawed. it still helps a lot of people that do need help getting back on their feet and that's the important part.

i know it sounds idealistic and naive, but it's actually just empathetic. learn2emotion.

Archived