IGNORED

Lack of motivation and illness in the morning

acidphakist

Let me start off by saying that, no, I'm not pregnant.

Perhaps it's just a side effect of aging but in the last six months it's been increasingly hard for me to get moving in the morning. Typically I'm groggy and the thought of getting out of bed makes me anxious. Oftentimes my stomach is unsettled and I feel unwell overall.

Do any of you experience this? If so, what sorts of things do you do to alleviate it?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

too few information to get you a proper diagnose. why six months ? did something change ? Is it just getting out of bed or is it a generall drop down in mood ? are you stressed more? more work, more things to do, more to thing about, worries n stuff. do you overreact to, say normal situations with anger or demotivation. Im not going to push you toward a burnout syndrome (very hip these days) or a minor depression, but you have to think about if its the cause or the impakt, if its an isolated problem or if its connected to something else. reflect if something changed within the past 6 months.the force may be with you, son.

Lay off the BOOZE. Sleep with your curtains open so you wake up to sunlight, if you have the luxury of a location/wake-time that allows for it. Hot shower. Coffee. Don't masturbate in bed.

i thought i'd seen a video of you looking like an extra from one flew over the cuckoo's nest. maybe i'm mistaken.

Um...I don't think so.

Lay off the BOOZE. Sleep with your curtains open so you wake up to sunlight, if you have the luxury of a location/wake-time that allows for it. Hot shower. Coffee. Don't masturbate in bed.

Thanks for the (somewhat) serious tips.

I get up WAY before the sun, and coffee gives me horrible anxiety these days.

I put my phone on vibrate and lay it on the mattress as an alarm clock. I find it more comfortable to wake up from the gentle shake on the bed than some loud as hell beep. But I guess that won't work for everyone.

i thought i'd seen a video of you looking like an extra from one flew over the cuckoo's nest. maybe i'm mistaken.

Um...I don't think so.

i beg your pardon then. i seemed to recall a video of you rocking back and forth in some kind of pharmaceutical daze. i must have been thinking of someone else.

Um...I don't think so.

i beg your pardon then. i seemed to recall a video of you rocking back and forth in some kind of pharmaceutical daze. i must have been thinking of someone else.

No worries. That wasn't me, though. I'm not saying I haven't been blown out in the past, but I am saying there were no people around while I was.

i've been nauseous just about every morning since before high school. i took this awful test one morning where i drank this chalky stuff and they looked at my guts. everything was normal they said. i think it's due to my bad allergies, causing nasal drip that just goes on all night.

tums helps, but not all the time. the only thing that gives me an appetite before noon is weed

My body only requires about 4 hours of sleep each night.

Before I figured this out, I'd try to force myself into 8 hours of sleep and felt awful as a result.

Archived