IGNORED

Lack of motivation and illness in the morning

acidphakist

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been nauseous just about every morning since before high school. i took this awful test one morning where i drank this chalky stuff and they looked at my guts. everything was normal they said. i think it's due to my bad allergies, causing nasal drip that just goes on all night.

Dude! Now that you mention it, I've been congested since I moved to my new place and that's when shit started getting bad. I'll look into this.

Thanks!

Quickly get into the shower

lifesaver of lifesavers

I might need to start sleeping IN the shower.

Guest kokeboka

I'm allergic to house dust and it really gets to me every once in a while, especially at this time of the year (with people using heating, air conditioning and all). Aside from taking loads of antihistamines, taking a walk and getting fresh air for a good few hours usually helps. Drinking a lot of tea, too.

unless you have outdoor allergies, then talking a walk and getting fresh air will make it decidedly worse

clariton doesn't work for me. zyrtec works ok.

Shower, breakfast, and funk music, in that order.

wow, any of these would kill me in the morning, especially funk music.

I feel like shit every morning, often worse than that, I've learned to just deal with it.

i just dealt with it all through high school and most of college. i had no appetite for breakfast and usually lunch and picked up some pretty bad eating habits, which of course impacts energy level, digestive tract etc.

i'd rather take a few puffs than feel like shit for 5 hours

i've been nauseous just about every morning since before high school. i took this awful test one morning where i drank this chalky stuff and they looked at my guts. everything was normal they said. i think it's due to my bad allergies, causing nasal drip that just goes on all night.

tums helps, but not all the time. the only thing that gives me an appetite before noon is weed

I have something similar. I have to wear retainers at night and they make me salivate a lot, so I end up swallowing all that shit during the night and my stomach feels terrible in the morning. It's also worse whenever I'm sick & congested. It's definitely something you should look into.

I drank camomille tea in the morning during high school (because I got up at 6am erreday) and it helped. That might've just been placebo though, lol.

I've developed this problem as well in the last year or so. Some mornings I can get up and go about, but no matter what time I go to bed or wake up, I usually feel like hell. I've tried less sleep and more sleep, nothing really helps. I'm pretty sure I'm depressed though and I'm always stressed so those could be contributing factors.

But anyways, tea definitely helps, especially a nice cup of green tea... it usually perks up my appetite and then eating something light is sometimes possible.

Guest kokeboka

If you've been having trouble only since you've moved, and in the mornings, I doubt it's an outside allergy. If it really is an allergic reaction, it's probably to something in your house. Try to find out what it is - maybe it's something with an odd smell or a dust-like texture - and get rid of it. I deal with my dust allergy by keeping my house well vented, and making sure my bed linen is hypoallergenic.

Do you feel any nausea?

Guest kokeboka

clariton doesn't work for me. zyrtec works ok.

Atarax/Vistaril works well for me, with the added bonus that it helps me sleep.

I do feel nausea some days (like this morning was really bad).

My diet has been OK lately. I'll look into having herbal tea ASAP when I get up.

Part of it might be dread of going to work. I wake up at 4 AM sometimes to take a medication and then go back to sleep for another hour and a half. When I do, I feel OK. It's just when the bell rings to get up for the day that I start feeling ill.

i suggest eliminating caffeine and nicotine in the morning as those are a direct cause of anxiety. develop a stretching routine after you wake up. it will be hard to get into the routine at first but after a couple weeks, your body (and mind) will be thanking you. try to get your heart rate elevated for 20 minutes or so. then take a shower. you will feel like you already accomplished something for the day and your day will start with a good mindset.

You could have sleep apnea. There are all sorts of sleeping disorders. Go to a doctor, not an internet forum full of snarky douchebags.

Shower, breakfast, and funk music, in that order.

wow, any of these would kill me in the morning, especially funk music.

I feel like shit every morning, often worse than that, I've learned to just deal with it.

If you're not used to eating breakfast, it can mess with your stomach, that's for sure. But if you get in the habit, it really does make the rest of your day a lot smoother. A shower won't kill you, lol. Maybe I'm just kind of a morning person - when I drink or smoke weed in the evening though, getting up is a serious chore. If I don't drink or smoke, going to bed is a chore. Whatever.

i wake up depressed and hate myself and slowly get more optimistic as the day goes on

Exact opposite here, hah. The only way I stay motivated throughout the day is if I actually get shit done throughout the day. The lazier I am, the worse I feel, as duties just keep on piling up (hhuhuhhuhuhuh doodie pile) and it just means the next day will be more stressful than it needs to be.

Lay off the BOOZE. Sleep with your curtains open so you wake up to sunlight, if you have the luxury of a location/wake-time that allows for it. Hot shower. Coffee. Don't masturbate in bed.

I get up WAY before the sun, and coffee gives me horrible anxiety these days.

My youngest brother has a lamp that has a timer on it. I think you set it for an hour before you get up, and the light slowly turns on; simulating the sun rising. I'd try investing in one of those.

---

Gah, I feel like shit almost daily too. I feel like in an ideal world I would naturally go to bed at 2 AM and wake up at 10 AM, but of course, schedules can't work like that.

Do you do the "set your alarm early so you can hit the snooze button once or twice so you can mentally prepare for the day" thing? If so, don't. I go through phases where I do that, and I either end up hitting the off button by accident and skipping all of my classes, or willing myself to go back to sleep and skip class because sleep is more important. When I was working I didn't do the snooze button thing, and I was able to force myself up.

Last night I fell asleep around 2:30 am and woke up at 7:20 am. And I feel good. I don't get it.

always takes me a couple of hours to come around. i drink about a pint of mineral water first thing, then a cup of sweet tea, or 2, then it's on to the coffee and toast... then finally, after pissing like a donkey several times, i'm finally awake.

Archived