IGNORED

beanie hats - pompom / ponpon

keltoi

let's talk some more fashion!

i always thought it was pompom but i just saw this...

Volcom Art Ponpon Beanie - Green

76_17573_0.jpg

so firstly, which is it? pompom or ponpon?

and (b), what's the general watmm opinion on pompom beanies? i haven't had a hat with a pompom/ponpon since i was about 17. i think i could maybe still rock a small pompom without feeling too much like an oversized child or christmas elf. the one above is possibly too large for me.

and [3], what are you keeping your head warm with this winter?

and finally, keep your gay canadian toques out of this thread essines!

Fuck you keltoi. Fuck you for not saying toque. Fuck all of you for not knowing what a toque is. I wear toques. I even wear beanie styled toques, but toques none the less. Fuck you.

Toques.

PS I actually love you keltoi, but fuck not wearing a toque.

Also it is pom pom. Don't fuck with it.

I fucking hate you keltoi.

Fuck you keltoi. Fuck you for not saying toque. Fuck all of you for not knowing what a toque is. I wear toques. I even wear beanie styled toques, but toques none the less. Fuck you.

Toques.

Ha, I saw the title of the thread, and was hoping essines would drop in and lay the smack down.

And yea, Pom pom. I think this winter I'll wear one of those douchey looking headbands. Looks good with my hair.

In the United States south and midwest, especially Appalachia, it is often called a "toboggan".

wtf

cl-series.jpg

In Massachusetts we'd call that sled a toboggan. But New England is basically just Canada anyway. Except for Connecticut. I don't know what the fuck is going on with Connecticut.

I wear brimmed beanies quite often (almost everyday) in the colder months. I have a gray one now, It's the second one I've gone through. Warm, comfortable, stylish, and functional

I wear them all year. Some days i just don't feel like washing my hair or tying it back so a toque holds my shit down. baseball caps don't fit my head.

Also it seems like they are more accepted here in Canada than anywhere else. You'd get beat telling a Canadian toques are childish.

Guest futuregirlfriend

It doesn't feel cold enough for toquing just yet. I have a bulbous dome like Clarence Boddicker, but with enough insulation on top to keep my bod at a decent temperature. The hat I do own though, does have a pompom (typically, if asked, I would call it a bobble, mind you) and I am probably bad at skiing.

I wear them all year. Some days i just don't feel like washing my hair or tying it back so a toque holds my shit down. baseball caps don't fit my head.

Also it seems like they are more accepted here in Canada than anywhere else. You'd get beat telling a Canadian toques are childish.

i think he meant pompoms are childish. and that's my dilemma with them.

chris moss manages to carry it off though... a bit "special needs" looking but he rocks the pompom with style. (jk) i mean this in the nicest possible way.

In the United States south and midwest, especially Appalachia, it is often called a "toboggan".

wtf

cl-series.jpg

yeah, i remember that from living in north carolina. it's funny, because the etymology is so obvious yet so stupid.

Archived