IGNORED

Appreciation Thread

YO303

Guest igloos unlmtd

Soundtrack of Space into Hall of Mirrors is one of my favorite transitions. Soundtrack of Space is such a beautiful moving tune... if I heard it at the right moment it would bring me to tears. The the way the microtones slide over each other is almost like staring at God. It really sets up a classic album. one of my favorites from that era.

& I always thought Void/Comm had to be a massive inspiration for BoC. Unfortunately while I really love Time Tourist I don't think the rest of the tracks are as good as the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqtdyqh31i0

Guest igloos unlmtd

^^ so good! so beautiful.. yet simple with little details.. & uncrowded. Electro-Soma is a masterpiece.

it's a real pity that music moves so fast. i wish we could have stretched out this era.. say 1991 - 1997 into fifty years.. so we could have a stock pile of these tunes.

i love early techno...

One from the brilliant Steve Pickton.. much over looked and one of my favourites.

Going through my B12 vinyl collection atm... been a while since i've played them.

only need that very rare B1207!!!

Yeah i have some, couple of Musicology, the 2001 and a redcell.

The coloured ones are nice to own, but, the main thing is having these old classics of the original vinyl.

One more from the achives.. and what a beauty it is.

Guest igloos unlmtd

Stasis Point of No Return is massive - going to have to delve deeper into the Pickton catalogue.

the Phenomyna - Travellor (Explained By Red Cell) track that they play at the end of the

B12 Sonic Sunset mix is a treat as well.

I absolutely love the Derrick May poly synth vibe of this stuff.

Cymetry Cektion is another tune I like from Prelude. The melody has an uncanny resemblance to Olson Ver. 3.

Get everything you can by Steve Pickton, he hasn't made one bad record.

All his early techno records are simply superb, A.R.T. B12, Like Mind, Peacefrog, T.I.R., Pure Plastic.. get them all :)

I used to buy records from him every month when used to go to London.. TOP bloke!

Stasis, you are fucking brilliant!

One from the brilliant Steve Pickton.. much over looked and one of my favourites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8pA8oE72U

Going through my B12 vinyl collection atm... been a while since i've played them.

only need that very rare B1207!!!

Damn, that track is great. I'd only heard Artifax by Steve Pickton before this so I need to find more! I'm on the lookout for one of these CDs... http://www.discogs.com/Redcell-Stasis-Redcell-Stasis/release/47106

I used to play a lot of vertically and horizontally sidescrolling shooters and this Detroit style techno would go really well with this style of game I think...

my God i Love B12. it is a massive shame that they don't get as much credit as people like Aphex, and BoC! , especially. who the fuck are BoC, y'know...? when you put them up against some of the early groups and artists?? it's a baffling state of affairs!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest igloos unlmtd

Never heard this B12 chill acid tune that came out last year on Balkan Vinyl which seems to have a whole cache of good acid tunes

• 2 years later...
Guest igloos unlmtd

Congratulations on $8 well spent. Phenomyna is one of my favorite Pickton aliases. The ART albums with the Phenomyna remixes from B12, DeGiorgio & Black Dog are awesome too.

Archived