IGNORED

Unfinished track, Looking for criticism

Guest Jeff Allen

Guest Jeff Allen

Hey all,

This is basically my first try at something a little darker / more ambient sounding. I realize it still isn't all that dark, but the transition from what I'm used to has been a little challenging. That's why I'm looking for any constructive criticism I can run with when I'm finishing up the track.

Thanks for listening :)

http://soundcloud.com/jeffallenct/new-ambient-ideas

Guest kokeboka

Yeah, the snare doesn't sound too good... I would also put some work into the hi hat sound, maybe try another sample and play around with the velocities of the hits. It also sounds a bit too loud (it's much louder than the snare anyway).

Guest Jeff Allen

Yeah, you guys are right, the snare needs to be more present. I'll mess around with the drums a bit and hopefully it'll sound a little fuller. Many thanks to the both of you.

yeah some adjustment of levels is all that's needed really - bring up the snare and kick drum and turn down the hi hat... other than that it's got a nice mood and lots of potential i think....i really like the big pad!

Hey Jeff, sorry this took so long.

I listened to both versions, the second is definitely more full and lively. The sound quality on this track is really quite good and I like the choices you made for the voices on the synths, that pad is massive! The second pad that comes in around 2:28 blends in really well, great job on the pads really.

Nice progression, I like the build up at the end.

Really great job buddy, keep me posted when your next track is ready.

Guest Jeff Allen

Yeah, I need some sort of ending, or even just a fade out similar to the first version. Thank you both for your inputs. I'm still new to the site, but I really enjoy how constructive everyone is, especially to those beginners in electronic music like myself. I may have found my new home :)

Archived