IGNORED

Cameras

jhonny

Hi all,

So with some holidays and weddings coming up we're looking to get a decent camera, so that we can take lots of nice pretty photos. Plus I like gadgets and playing around with things and a camera with lots of buttons sounds cool.

I especially want one with a decent zoom, and not so fussed about a pocket sized compact camera because we tend to use our phones for photos out and about, this will be for holidays and major events and taking to the woods and for nieces and nephews and mother in laws :mcgriff:

One I like the look of is the Fujifilm HS20

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_finepix_hs20exr_review/

And looking to spend up to £300 really. Is that a good camera? should we be looking at specific makes? any other advice?

Cheers! :cool:

Hi all,

So with some holidays and weddings coming up we're looking to get a decent camera, so that we can take lots of nice pretty photos. Plus I like gadgets and playing around with things and a camera with lots of buttons sounds cool.

I especially want one with a decent zoom, and not so fussed about a pocket sized compact camera because we tend to use our phones for photos out and about, this will be for holidays and major events and taking to the woods and for nieces and nephews and mother in laws :mcgriff:

One I like the look of is the Fujifilm HS20

http://www.photograp...hs20exr_review/

And looking to spend up to £300 really. Is that a good camera? should we be looking at specific makes? any other advice?

Cheers! :cool:

check out MFT. an older-generation body (like GF1) and some basic lens for start.

then later get some glass.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for your help guys, i took on board the comments about an MFT camera, and am looking at getting a twin pack GF3 which comes with a 14mm and 14-42 lenses. Can get it for £390 which seems really good value for what you get.

is 14-42 the new (super thin) one? in any case, i think that's a very good price. beware though, GF3 isn't the best "manual" camera - due to lack of physical controls. imho, the GF3 makes the most sense in combo with the new (the thin) 14-42 lens.

Archived