IGNORED

The Strange Thing About the Johnsons

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I see it as an mental illness rather than an activity at which you succeed or not, hence my question. If what awepittance meant by success is what turns pedophiles on, that may depend on the victim's cooperation, or it may feed off the complete opposite.

(sorry about the double-post, I felt I should explain better and I wasn't able to edit my previous post)

Keloti understood it. But yeah to clarify i was using the phrase 'successful pedophile' in the same way i would use the phrase 'successful murderer' 'successful cannibal', succuss defined by actually killing or eating someone, and in the case of pedophilia , molesting a child. The more 'convincing' the pedophile is in telling the child it's ok, the more successful he will be at his goal which is to molest children. I know all pedophiles are not the same, im just surprised there was any confusion whatsoever in what i said.

so... is it actually a good film? the topic is quite taboo and the trailer somewhat disturbing, but it does seem unsettling in an intriguing way... i caught the horror film vibe watching the trailer.

The "horror film vibe" comes entirely from the soundtrack in the trailer which does not feature in the film. The actual film is crap and would not be discussed in anyway if it weren't "tackling the weighty subject of reverse paedophila". (lol?) The writer watched half a Todd Solondz film and decided "i can has movie too."

Archived