IGNORED

movies in need of an album sync-up?

auxien

what movies are most in need of an ideeem album synchronicity pairing, as in Dark Side of the Moon/The Wizard of Oz?

i did a jazz search before this and 2001: A Space Odyssey and Solaris were mentioned in one thread, but i'm curious what else y'all had in mind. i've never seen Primer, but that movie has come up a few times IIRC. other ideas, folks?

Need to be more specific with this. Which album with which film?

For Human Centipede I would nominate one of the ridiculously over the top 'dark' early 'Snares LPs, Doll Doll Doll perhaps?

Also, 'Songs About My Cats' for the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Maybe begin the album when they first set foot in the factory.

Trying to think of an Autechre-worthy film.....Draft 7.30 may work with A Scanner Darkly...

Listened to Music Has the Right to Children last night with Koyaanisqatsi on mute.

Really great pair up. Allows you to see the movie in a different life. One problem is the transitions don't necessarily match up with the music as well as the original score does

Listened to Music Has the Right to Children last night with Koyaanisqatsi on mute.

Really great pair up. Allows you to see the movie in a different life. One problem is the transitions don't necessarily match up with the music as well as the original score does

i did this with analords one time. i skipped a few tunes though.

It seems like blasphemy to sync koyaanisqatsi to some other album. that entire film is entirely based on how the images match the already amazing soundtrack,,, why bother trying to be a pretentious dick about it.

• Like 2

It seems like blasphemy to sync koyaanisqatsi to some other album. that entire film is entirely based on how the images match the already amazing soundtrack,,, why bother trying to be a pretentious dick about it.

I once synced (sunk?) ET: The Extra-Terrestrial with FSOL's Lifeforms. Granted, I was pretty stoned.. but it seemed to go pretty well for at least the length of the first disc.

Funny this thread should come up... Me and my roomate have recently found a way to perfectly sync the LotR: Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack with Titanic... Put the movie on mute and it makes it darker and somewhat operatic and SUPER epic... there's a certain track you have to go to to once the movie stops doing the pseudo-documentary thing at the begining, it syncs down to little subtle details even (cymbal crashes in the score at thrown punches and perfect transition timings). I mean like the scores to the movie could have been switched. I'll have to talk to him to remember exactly which track into the soundtrack you have to start on, but seriously it works amazingly well.

Edited by ghOsty

I totally agree but in my defence I was at least as drunk as you tend to be.

dune + some dark droney ambient would probably be a good match.

stellet licht + sigur ros, probably.

spun + vsnares

my neighbor totoro + Nobukazu Takemura

haven't tried any of these.

Edited by Gocab

I totally agree but in my defence I was at least as drunk as you tend to be.

:cisfor:

• 8 years later...