IGNORED

Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that they used a casio sk-5 as well. They are pretty limited (when you not circuitbend them) and the sample lenght seems to be a bad joke. Nevertheless from time to time you can really archive interesting results.

Would be amazing to know how they recorded all bits.

Considering that the Skam Shop is well and truly fucked at the moment, I doubt that Skam will be holding many copies back to sell on the new Skam shop (if a new one is incoming). I would guess that Skam had given all the stock they had for themselves off to other local and indie record shops. I'm pretty sure that Norman Records got a second batch of stock, which also went quickly.

Thanks for the optimistic sight on this. I have dropped Skam a mail about this with the wish to order from them directly. Discogs is my last choice to get it as prices for the repress are pretty inflated there. Maybe Skam have a heart and do it :wink:

Interesting that they used a casio sk-5 as well. They are pretty limited (when you not circuitbend them) and the sample lenght seems to be a bad joke. Nevertheless from time to time you can really archive interesting results.

I wonder how early they got into modifying gear. They could have patched the trigger outputs of the 606 into the pads of the SK5. That would be pretty sweet.

Would be amazing to know how they recorded all bits.

Seriously. My speculations on how they made this album is so inspiring to me.

Considering that the Skam Shop is well and truly fucked at the moment, I doubt that Skam will be holding many copies back to sell on the new Skam shop (if a new one is incoming). I would guess that Skam had given all the stock they had for themselves off to other local and indie record shops. I'm pretty sure that Norman Records got a second batch of stock, which also went quickly.

Thanks for the optimistic sight on this. I have dropped Skam a mail about this with the wish to order from them directly. Discogs is my last choice to get it as prices for the repress are pretty inflated there. Maybe Skam have a heart and do it :wink:

(sincerely) Good luck getting hold of a copy. I personally was waiting for Skam to have stock too, and then I found out about the Skam Shop implosion, then I was scrambling round to get hold of a copy from other sources.

(sincerely) Good luck getting hold of a copy. I personally was waiting for Skam to have stock too, and then I found out about the Skam Shop implosion, then I was scrambling round to get hold of a copy from other sources.

Thanks. If they don't reply- well then I try it on another way. Or wait patiently til some copies pop up here in Germany anywhere at the record stores.

Guest sirch

a lot of people must've bought more than 1 copy, innit.

i cancelled my order at one place, so as not to be greedy. plus i couldn't really afford it. only have the 1 copy now.

should've got 3! :) and kept 2 mint.

oh well...

i cancelled my order at one place, so as not to be greedy. plus i couldn't really afford it. only have the 1 copy now.

oh well...

What's the reason to buy MORE than one copy from a release? When I buy a record I really want, I really love and adore, I wouldn't sell it again. So there is actually no need to keep two other identical copies mint in my archive until I'm old and grey. Even if I need money as fast as possible I would never sell gems from my collection.

I'm not angry, I just want to understand why people act this way. I'm really happy that most shops have a rule that only strictly 1 per customer. Well, this isn't working when you order at three places simultaneously …………

Guest sirch

oh well...

What's the reason to buy MORE than one copy from a release? When I buy a record I really want, I really love and adore, I wouldn't sell it again. So there is actually no need to keep two other identical copies mint in my archive until I'm old and grey. Even if I need money as fast as possible I would never sell gems from my collection.

I'm not angry, I just want to understand why people act this way. I'm really happy that most shops have a rule that only strictly 1 per customer. Well, this isn't working when you order at three places simultaneously …………

well one obvious reason is, like sweepstakes said, some people (with enough money to spare) might want a backup copy incase their first one gets damaged or destroyed somehow.

the second reason is that some people might want to sell them on at a later date for a profit.

i've kept a lot of gems from the past in my collection, too. but at one point during the mid-2000's when i wasn't listening to vinyl records at all, i sold a load of stuff. 1. because i needed the money, and 2. because i never listened to them anymore so they were just gathering dust and i had everything on HDD's in digi file format anyway.

there are definitely some i regret selling now. but most i'm alright with and don't really mind that i let them go, to people who were more into collecting vinyl at that time than i was. i let a lot of things go for next to nothing, though, compared to the sorts of prices some chancers ask for things at places like discogs.

so i'm a bit gutted about that, that i could've got twice the amount for some things.

same with my 808, i let that go for next to nothing aswell. d'oh!

if i ever got another one then i'd NEVER sell it again.

oh well...

:smile:

well one obvious reason is, like sweepstakes said, some people (with enough money to spare) might want a backup copy incase their first one gets damaged or destroyed somehow.

the second reason is that some people might want to sell them on at a later date for a profit.

i've kept a lot of gems from the past in my collection, too. but at one point during the mid-2000's when i wasn't listening to vinyl records at all, i sold a load of stuff. 1. because i needed the money, and 2. because i never listened to them anymore so they were just gathering dust and i had everything on HDD's in digi file format anyway.

there are definitely some i regret selling now. but most i'm alright with and don't really mind that i let them go, to people who were more into collecting vinyl at that time than i was. i let a lot of things go for next to nothing, though, compared to the sorts of prices some chancers ask for things at places like discogs.

so i'm a bit gutted about that, that i could've got twice the amount for some things.

same with my 808, i let that go for next to nothing aswell. d'oh!

if i ever got another one then i'd NEVER sell it again.

oh well...

:smile:

Hmm, selling them later for profit is something you can normally do when you are a recordshop owner. Maybe I'm a bit oldschool in my behaviour but I think music should be first before profit. When a label release a limited edition normally everybody interested getting a copy should have a chance at least to get one right? Well not everybody buys multiple copies of the same release and that's fair to others.

The first point if a copy gets damaged or lost or whatever- I think that's pretty seldom the case. I really play out lots of records but it happened only exactly one time that I scratched a record very bad by accident.

Well but I have to give some compliment (sorry when I sounds like being angry- you just hit my nerve with that previous statement) to you when you say you don't re-sell for inflated prices. That's a nice move- too bad you haven't ordered 3 of this gem now because I would instantly drop you a PM for selling one of them to me for a decent price :emotawesomepm9:

Okay, just kidding. But I think it's really a problem that people buy of the market for their own replacement/archival/selling copies. Hence actions like Record Store Day. When you have no chance to reach a shop that day, well, than some happy d*ckheads offer you a nicely highpriced copy for you on ebay or elsewhere the next day :mellow:

The first point if a copy gets damaged or lost or whatever- I think that's pretty seldom the case. I really play out lots of records but it happened only exactly one time that I scratched a record very bad by accident.

My copy of Chiastic Slide is crackly as shit just from normal playback. Granted, it was my favorite album for several years.

This sounds fucking beautiful on vinyl :emotawesomepm9:

Ohh I'm pretty sure the music is fitting well in lofi-ness to the ground sound of the vinyl :wink:

Mine too, but it's part of the appeal for me now, taking 60mins out and playing a nice crackly chiastic slide with no interruptions

ffs but it makes me worried about my other babies ... like Legofeet.

In other news I'm using shitloads of ellipses today.

What the hell do you guys do to your records? I don't see how they can get so fucked if you clean them and don't use a really shitty needle.

Guest sirch

maybe they aren't being replaced as often as they should be... and so the records are getting worn out that way, with bad/tired/old needles.

Hmm, I use Shure needles - M44Gs I think? Might be due for replacement. I've had them for about 3 years.

I've had Chiastic Slide for longer than that, though, and I was using a pretty crappy needle before. Maybe I scratched it up a long time ago.

I've been looking at those carbon fiber brushes too, are those good for cleaning? Those Nitty Gritty machines look great but the price is pretty steep.

Uh, I was away for most of the month, Lego Feet on CD isn't sold out yet is it?

I've been looking at those carbon fiber brushes too, are those good for cleaning? Those Nitty Gritty machines look great but the price is pretty steep.

The brushes are ok for a quick clean just before you put the needle down, but for a decent clean you should pick up one of the liquid record cleaners.. Basically just a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol, with a cleaning cloth. It's saved a lot of records that I thought were scratched!

The brushes are ok for a quick clean just before you put the needle down, but for a decent clean you should pick up one of the liquid record cleaners.. Basically just a spray bottle of isopropyl alcohol, with a cleaning cloth. It's saved a lot of records that I thought were scratched!

Nice, thanks for the tip.

Archived