IGNORED

RDJ DJ's "Fat Controller" (Harn Normal Daddy) @ WHP

phudoshin

What other SP tracks has he DJ'd? Other than the Rome/Warp20 tracks that is.

I don't like Fat Controller, too much media exposure ruined the track for me.

what do you mean by media exposure? was it in some movie/show or a tv ad that i am not aware of?

What other SP tracks has he DJ'd? Other than the Rome/Warp20 tracks that is.

I don't like Fat Controller, too much media exposure ruined the track for me.

what do you mean by media exposure? was it in some movie/show or a tv ad that i am not aware of?

Over here every surf clip or skate they would usually put Fat Controller as background music, there was also a video-game show that used it as end credits and I think MTV may have used it for some promos.

• 1 year later...

Figured it wasn't worth starting a whole new thread for, but check this (At 1:05):

[youtubehd]iO6qIM2WO6k[/youtubehd]

Don't ask how I ended up watching Thomas the Tank Engine on YouTube haha. But this could possibly be where the title comes from?

Figured it wasn't worth starting a whole new thread for, but check this (At 1:05):

Don't ask how I ended up watching Thomas the Tank Engine on YouTube haha. But this could possibly be where the title comes from?

I believe the song predates Thomas The Tank Engine.

Also, the video I mentioned:

[youtubehd]2UiD86nt6Jc[/youtubehd]

Actually, the Fat Controller predates Squarepusher! I forgot TTTE goes all the way back to 1984!

Fat Controller seems to be a slang term for a railway controller/boss.

Ah, from Wikipedia: "Fat Controller" is the name of Frostwave's 16-step analogue sequencer midi cv produced by Paul Perry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fat_Controller

would love to know what drums were chopped on the og version as they sound really live and bitchin' and basically never got used again on any of tom's tracks

man, this show is way darker than i remember.

Archived