IGNORED

feigned interest

jamespeacock

i met sean booth on 6 october 2007 at the rebuild (a guy called gerald/graham massey) party in london and asked him: "so, is gescom just down to autechre (you & rob) now?", to which he replied: "isn't it obvious?", to which i had no reply.

to my knowledge at the time, the a1-d1 release was still a few weeks off (22 october 2007).

i was simply curious.

he didn't answer my question, which i was okay with.

he seemed a bit annoyed by my enquiry, and i honestly couldn't possibly answer his rhetorical question, due to the fact that i had not yet heard the yet-to-be released recordings.

later after quaristice came out, i read somewhere that sean was giving an interviewer vague information concerning which tracks in particular on a1-d1 he was involved in; the very information i thought i was innocently asking for.

i suppose that's what i get for being curious about gescom.

too bad autechre couldn't have shared a bill with :zoviet*france: when robin storey was still part of the group, they were so much better then!

(i hear ben ponton's feathers can get easily ruffled as well!)

i never thought he came off as a cunt.

apart from the above mentioned, he was quite a gentleman, actually.

he formally introduced me to his girlfriend and when i apologised for not knowingbringing up his divorce from chantal passamonte (mira calix), he was very forgiving and kind.

it was a pleasure speaking with him.

i got him to make a doodle (or autograph?) on the flipside of the ticket for the show that night, too (the show was fucking awesome)!

sean was standing right next to me when gerald & graham went on; close enough that i could hear him saying: "fuck yeah!"

p.s. it wasn't feigned interest on my part, i just didn't know wat to title this post, and that's the first thing that came to mind!

i met sean booth at a workout gym in 2004 and asked him if he takes his pants off, or just leaves them down around his feet when he poops. he said that was none of my business. personally, i take all my clothes off -- unless i'm in a public bathroom (which i try to avoid). i asked sean about this too, and he didn't respond.

fucking cunt.

he formally introduced me to his girlfriend and when i apologised for not knowingbringing up his divorce from chantal passamonte (mira calix), he was very forgiving and kind.

Oh good, I didn't know either but she was a right cunt. She was totally condescending to me when I was a young music photo journalist type at a Plaid show 10 years ago taking pics on stage for a website (not blocking Bob Jaroc's lame ass videos, even though he still got pissed too), making Plaid look like proper stars w/ paparazzi in tow. Back stage after the show she says something to the effect of "That was really inappropriate", like wow thanks for the edicate lesson, and don't worry I would never have been up there to take pictures of your naptime-fest DJ set.

i've never met chantal, but that sounds unfriendly.

sean did mention at the time (oct 2007), that he and her spoke on a weekly basis...

i just saw plaid last week and got to talk with andy again.

andy is such a friendly person!

i just saw plaid last week and got to talk with andy again.

andy is such a friendly person!

Andy is the kind of man that all women want to sleep with and all men want to be! lol.

very talented, good looking bloke, reminds me of my cousin a bit..

wait! ............. no, that's not right.

lovely guy. :emotawesomepm9:

whoever said he was a cunt... if he was meaning Andy and not Sean, again... well, can't think of many people, bar 1, who would say that. so, you lose. indefinitely.

they are all kind persons in my book!

one the same night, right after i went to the berlin premiere of tekkonkinkreet (where plaid performed following the film, on 13 oct 2007), i went to catch gerald perform on the other side of town.

as soon as i got in the venue, i walked right into the restroom, where gerald was drying his hands, and i said: "hey gerald, good to see you again!" (i had just met him the week before in london on 6 oct 2007, @rebuild-where i met sean, graham and tom jenkinson) and he had the biggest embarrassed smile on his face!

it was so cool when i saw massonix (graham massey) open for autechre in los angeles in early 2008.

graham was briefly up on stage during rob hall's dj set and recognised me from the london '07 show and waved/motioned to meet me off stage around the corner to chat and try to get me a backstage pass.

graham asked me if i was the one who gerald ran into in the loo in berlin and i told him it was!

gerald must have mentioned it to graham!

and then there was the time i met edzy collins of unique 3 in edingurgh, scotland for the album release part of the "invasive signals" cd on 22 october 2007. talk about a gent, edzy bought me and my mate red stripes all night long and takled about all sorts of things, like when he used to visit gerald in manchester when ged worked at mcdonalds! edzy gave me his personal copy of his new cd (it still has his fingerprints on it)! i asked edzy what he thought of the autechre remix of "the theme", and he told me that he thought they would have done something much more bizarre to it (i agreed), but that it seemed like they just slowed it down a bit, although we both enjoyed it! edzy is one of the kindest, sincere persons i have ever met!

ed dmx opened for 808 state dj's on 2 nov 2007 in edinburgh, that was a great time!

i remember patting andrew barker on the back!

and then there was dj pierre in glasgow, 12 november 2007.

i snuck into that show!

pierre's voice sounded so high-pitched, perhaps there was something in the water at that venue...?

he seemed pretty friendly, too!

i suppose if i were doing what i love and making a little cash, i would be at peace as well.

i sure made the most of my trip to europe!

If I were to come up to you and say: "Hey Auxien! How's it going?"

And you then acted like I wasn't there and walked away. You would have 'blanked' me.

"he didn't give me the time of day" is similar.

Edit: Innit.

too bad autechre couldn't have shared a bill with :zoviet*france: when robin storey was still part of the group, they were so much better then!

glad to see other ZF fans around these parts, have you heard of AE's collaboration they did with ZF years ago but never released?

I spoke to two now ex-members of The Fall after a gig in 2005 (I think it was) and they were fucking sound. I also got a hand-written set-list and some scrawled unused MES lyrics on a sheet of A4. Sorry if that's a bit tenuous.

if they collaborated, was it was after 1992?

it seems like ben ponton and sean booth are on friendly terms.

can't say the same for robin storey, though.

robin never refers to ben by his name in interviews.

apparently, ben had burned bridges early on with three other members of :z*f:

this seems like a dreadful mistake on his part; robin would be the last collaborator i would burn bridges with.

i actually have more respect for robin than ben, and/or any/all of the artists on this website.

i like the records :z*f: did after robin left, but they're a far cry from the stuff from 85-87.

i think what is not true and digilogue are the best records :z*f: have done since robin left, but those were also the very first things they did after robin left.

those records were done nearly twenty years ago.

i like the decriminalisation of country music too, but it's also a far cry from reformed faction until...

if you ask me, rf are the real :z*f: these days.

Archived