IGNORED

I've been thinking about considering a career as a Stand Up Comedian

oyster

think about this first;

could you post something in this thread and elicit multiple lols?

if not, you probably should not

personally i do not find you very funny.

kaini stop being a bully

do this do that honesty is mean wah wah wah i'm cute *punches face*

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was late for work the other day cause I told my boss i had diarrhea. he walked up to me and asked if i still had the problem. I said nothing and let out 3 deafening successive farts. he says "i guess that answers my question" I had a good laugh about that today. sorry. ...continue thread

think about this first;

could you post something in this thread and elicit multiple lols?

if not, you probably should not

personally i do not find you very funny.

kaini stop being a bully

do this do that honesty is mean wah wah wah i'm cute *punches face*

net humor has almost nothing to do with standup.

If WATMM was the true arbiter of comedy talent, then Fred McGriff would be the only funny man on the planet.

Guest Enter a new display name

Each time a crowd would find The Pod unfunny, they would say "F U Pod" (which we would hear once every 30 minutes).

i was late for work the other day cause I told my boss i had diarrhea. he walked up to me and asked if i still had the problem. I said nothing and let out 3 deafening successive farts. he says "i guess that answers my question" I had a good laugh about that today. sorry. ...continue thread

that was pretty good

I'm actually sorry about that last part, Kaini, believe it or not I'm a very emotional person and sometimes those emotions get the better of me. I don't think that about you, but then again

I don't actually really know you, do I, Kaini? No, I don't. But that's really kind of the point, isn't it? Because you don't actually really know me either, do you Kaini? So for you to come into this thread and just try to belittle me as a person, for you to just come into this thread and try to squash my dreams like that? Well sir, I don't know how they do things in Ireland, but in the United States Of America? We don't treat people like that.

you'll need a thicker skin if you're going to do stand-up. otherwise you'll be weeping on stage like a little girl.

I'm actually sorry about that last part, Kaini, believe it or not I'm a very emotional person and sometimes those emotions get the better of me. I don't think that about you, but then again

I don't actually really know you, do I, Kaini? No, I don't. But that's really kind of the point, isn't it? Because you don't actually really know me either, do you Kaini? So for you to come into this thread and just try to belittle me as a person, for you to just come into this thread and try to squash my dreams like that? Well sir, I don't know how they do things in Ireland, but in the United States Of America? We don't treat people like that.

you'll need a thicker skin if you're going to do stand-up. otherwise you'll be weeping on stage like a little girl.

Absolutely, if you react like that just from some message by someone you've never met (and probably never will) then they're gonna tear you a new one on stage....

Guest ex-voto

^lol!

I suggest you watch as many stand up shows you can find, and learn from them. Stating you are funny because your friends say so isn't very convincing to me, or at least is not enough to start a career as a stand up comedian. First you need to get inspired I think. If your inspiration is yourself, then I am afraid you will get dissapointed by the industry. This being said, I wish you the best.

If you can be as bad ass as Bill Hicks, as intriguing as Lenny Bruce and as eccentric as Andy Kaufman, then ok give it a shot.

Also watch this;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071746/

and this

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0125664/

Your personal view on the world. The better you articulate it (with a good deal of irony, cynicism or whatever you're into) the more successful you'll be. It worked for Pryor, Murphy, Hicks and Chapelle, whose act I love. If I did stand-up I'd be gaarging all over the place.

comedian course? haha. that feels wrong.

i bet being a good comic is about rhythm and timing. writing a joke out like its poetry. making observations we all see, but never putting it into words. It would be nice to be in the comic club. i get jealous when i see comics sit around and talk shop, but it has got to be awfully stressful. all the stuff that would make normal people hate it would have to be what makes you love it. comics, even really successful ones, always hit the clubs to keep their rhythm and test their material.

Archived