IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

I love the sinister basslines on the first track. burial needs to collaborate with shackleton asap!

does anyone else's audio files have skips? not burial crackle, but skips like a cd skipping.

Hyperdub @Hyperdub Any dropouts crackles etc are intentional #burial

They're probably not though. Similar dropouts happened to me once when I sent a CDR to the mastering house and they ripped it badly. Dropouts everywhere, even though I used decent media. If it is really intentional, then it sounds wrong and spoils the flow of the tracks. For someone as meticulous as Burial, I find it hard to believe he wanted these, but you never know.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the sinister basslines on the first track. burial needs to collaborate with shackleton asap!

does anyone else's audio files have skips? not burial crackle, but skips like a cd skipping.

Hyperdub @Hyperdub Any dropouts crackles etc are intentional #burial

They're probably not though. Similar dropouts happened to me once when I sent a CDR to the mastering house and they ripped it badly. Dropouts everywhere, even though I used decent media. If it is really intentional, then it sounds wrong and spoils the flow of the tracks. For someone as meticulous as Burial, I find it hard to believe he wanted these, but you never know.

Yeah I have to say I was wondering about these. Didn't notice any in the first track, but the last 2 have a good 3-4 places where it sounds like digital dropouts. RE The official tweet, I wonder wether they are just confusing people asking about the 'standard' burial crackle/distortion for these drop-outs?... Like you say it does kinda take you out of the track a bit. Was way more noticable when I was listening on headphones last night.

Checked my purchasd Wav's against the 'leak' versions and the drop-outs happen in the same places. A bit odd, but fair enough if they really are supposed to be there...

burial should do some soundtrack work.

i wish i could play loner to jules from say 2001 and watch him laugh at me. and then show him a video of him and his son getting down to it in the living room. my little boy was bouncing around like a maniac to that track. fucking awesome.

So, yes. This EP is great. Ashtray Wasp is my favourite track. I did notice what sounded like a couple of non musical drop outs in the last couple of minutes on that one.

This EP just gets better and better. It's stunning.

I can't think of many artists on Burial's level who's releasing music these years.

Burial needs to be a featured artist.

/phanboi

This is absolutely phenomenal, some of his best work yet. To anyone who criticized his lack of range on past releases, this is your answer.

I can't decide on a favorite track, they are all so good, but Ashtray Wasp is brilliant with its many segments. Kindred is a finely honed 2step monster and Loner is vastly different from anything he has done before, totally bringing back the ghosts of rave. I love the atmosphere here, the ambient bits and scraps of noise like thunder and vinyl crackle all fit really well and don't seem forced at all.

At about 7:30 in on Ashtray Wasp, I like to imagine he sampled and pitched up the turrets from Portal for that gorgeous synth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ChgCX2e2w

Too good, really considering getting the Japanese CD to have all these tracks together, would be a killer album.

I played this ep this morning, cycling to work at 6am with the sky breaking faintly from sheer darkness and the twinkling of urban lights.

The gear shift between (the mind blowing tracks) of Kindred and Loner is nothing short of breathtaking.

Well done Mr Burial.

Archived