IGNORED

Burial - Kindred EP

chassis

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would he switch? They practically hero worship each other. Hyperdub got him worldwide fame (whether he wants it or not), sold loads of his records and Kode 9 respects his privacy. The way I see it, bigger labels would probably just force him to tour, release records to deadlines and collaboration with Skrillex. Nah, he's in good hands.

Hyperdub got him worldwide fame (whether he wants it or not)

I think it's the other way around, actually

not that I personally have a problem with either Hyperdub or Kode9, in spite of general mutterings about him being a cunt and the label being slack

i would have to agree with the below, while there is some quality stuff on Hyperdub, it wasn't until Untrue that they got huge notoriety as a label.

I agree Burial is more famous than hyperdub. But would think he is more than happy staying on the lablel & to be fair Hyperdub are hardly Rephlex are they? This was announced as Jan and sure it will be out very soon they obviously had issues with the pressing and want to bring digital & vinyl out at the same time which I can understand. have some paitence people!!

Guest Ranxerox

kode 9 just posted on twitter "don't get your knickers in twist there is still 1 week left in jan" :)

Nice one. Thank you!

Yeah thats defo a possibility;)

I do think it will be out sometime in the next few weeks tho. And if they announced it as Jan and it ends up being the start of feb is that really a big deal?

"We said Jan for Kindred but we've said since we've said several times that the test pressings haven't been good enough so you'll have to wait till they are - shouldn't be long now."

Via Facebook.

I appreciate him wanting the record to sound good. No one wants a pressing like the Massive attack remixes.

Suspense people, at least you know its coming not like half the artists talk about round here.

I appreciate him wanting the record to sound good. No one wants a pressing like the Massive attack remixes.

Suspense people, at least you know its coming not like half the artists talk about round here.

they probably got so much heat for the street halo release that they don't want to repeat it.

I thought Street Halo sounded fine

I actually thought it sounded pretty ok. You can never tell whats off the wax and whats off burial. But those massive attacks, you could.

We all love to have the physical and digital out at the same time. I fucking hate staggered releases, they piss me off so much.

Archived