IGNORED

Homeland.. is Watmm sleeping on this quality show?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Guest Mirezzi

It's okay. Like most Showtime attempts at big drams, it's a bit cheesy in terms of writing/performance.

Overall, meh with a side order of yay!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched it last week. It spun a pretty good yarn. Danes acted great and I also liked the character played by Patinkin. Last episode was tense and I hoped he would go through with it, was slightly disappointed as it was a clever plan. Quite a downer ending and I wonder how the second season will turn out. I see the risk of it becoming something like 24 with an imminent terrorist attack that needs to be foiled and less of paranoia and shady stuff done by the characters.

Guest RadarJammer

Decent show. Its not a complete turd muffin like most other drama's on TV. Its about a million times better than 7th Heaven or Dawsons Creek. Claire Danes sure has improved allot since My So Called Life.

Decent show. Its not a complete turd muffin like most other drama's on TV. Its about a million times better than 7th Heaven or Dawsons Creek.

yeah, it's funny how bad most tv is. shows that are merely reasonable seem amazing by comparison...

Guest RadarJammer

I thought she was met with critical acclaim in My So Called Life? Haven't seen that many movies with her in them, but she did a good job in this show.

I think standards were still pretty low in the mid 90's. She was great in Terminator 3.

Guest Mirezzi

gonna wait for more opinions before i watch this

You won't like it. Your wife won't either.

That'll be 1 hour of your time, please.

Just finished watching the last episode.

A little disappointed by the lack of resolution. I don't now how they thought this series would work without a 2nd series. They are pretty lucky that a 2nd series has been commissioned, but more importantly so are we. if that was the end of it, I would be pretty pissed off. I like how TV shows today play with your sympathy. It was pretty overt in this case, but you find yourself cheering for a character and then booing them quite often. I felt pretty sorry for Danes' character most of the time, particularly towards the end. She did a pretty good job in this show. And I find myself being attracted to her. It might be the women's pant suit getup. I kinda get turned on by FBI type chicks. :P

And I find myself being attracted to her. It might be the women's pant suit getup.

My gift to your eyes:

hillarypumpkin.jpg

hillary-sleepy.jpg

oops, didn't see this thread. I'll copy paste from tv show thread:

Posted Today, 09:06 PM

snapback.pngBubba69, on 28 December 2011 - 06:18 PM, said:

i've heard good things about homeland, although the premise sounds kind of silly. I'll have to sit down and give it a watch methinks.

so I actually did start watching this show. Pretty good. Lots of titties. But there are lots of cringeworthy moments too. The stereotypical arab terrorists and shit. It just seems unplausable and silly, but also very watchable. So, it has watchability going for it, but not realism. But still good. So yeah. I don't know.

Like, what the fuck. It could have been a better mystery if THEY DIDN'T FUCKING SHOW FLASHBACKS FROM THE SOLDIER GUY EVERY FUCKING TIME A QUESTION ABOUT HIS PAST WAS RAISED. ruins the mystery of it, in a way, because now you know, he interacted with the bad guy, in a friendly way.

EDIT: actually reminds me a bit of the show flashforward, which was received so badly it was cancelled/ended after the first season. But I actually liked that show. This one is only a little bit better.

NOTE: just want to add i have only seen the first 3 episodes so my opinion will probably change drastically in a few days, for better or worse.

• 2 weeks later...

finished first season. Pretty fucked up. I think it should have just ended with brody killing everybody. Oh well. It's kind of like the end of season 4 of breaking bad, it is hard to say really what at all could be the plot, could go so many directions, could have been the end right then and there, fuck it, i guess there is another season, hope the writing is good.

It could have been slightly better I'm sure but I have no substantial complaints about Season 1 and I am confident S2 will be just as good.

It's pretty obvious that the original script has Brody blowing everyone up and going out in a blaze of glory. But then they got renewed and had to hack the ending to milk it some more...

• 8 months later...

Season 2 premiered last night. Spoilersish, so deal with it.

It set out the plots quickly which I am not sure I like, I prefer these type of shows as more slow burning. I liked that Brody came out to his wife about being a muslim and his daughter is cool for accepting it and calling out the idiot in that morning meeting. And great smile at the end. Is it me or does hijabs make girls look cuter?

Archived